looking for easy cauliflower recipes

Options
I know cauliflower can be prepared many ways- I'm looking for some yummy, EASY recipes- side or main dishes.Thanks!

Replies

• squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    toss it in balsamic vinegar and roast it in the oven! good side dish
  • staywithit
    staywithit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cut up a head of Cauliflower into pieces, put into a oven proof dish. put 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 crushed cloves of garlic, 1 tsp parsley, and 1 tbsp parmesan cheese,
    Stir to coat well, Bake in oven @ 400 degrees C stir occasionaly until beginning to brown lightly and fork goes in easily,

Enjoy!
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I cut it up into small pieces, spread it on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Roast in over for about 30-45 minutes on 375. When it's done, should be soft and browned, I sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese. Very yummy and very easy.
  • amandarae123
    Options
    I have the best!! you just cut up a head of cauliflower into approximate bite sizes, put on a baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over it. Salt and pepper, and sometimes I add whole cloves of garlic just on the pan with the cauliflower. Roast for 15-20 minutes at 425 or until slightly golden. It's really the only way I like it!
  • amandarae123
    Options
    wow- all of our recipes are super similiar....told you it was good:)
  • jrich6
    jrich6 Posts: 26
    Options
  • 7destiny
    7destiny Posts: 31
    Options
    I like it in Summer Salad. Lightly steam cauliflower and sliced carrots. Put in a flat dish..like an cake pan...add can of artichoke hearts and some olives. Top with a calorie consicous dressing and let chill. Serve as side dish. Other vegetables you like can be added in.
  • Tecia1970
    Tecia1970 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love what I call cauliflower mashed potatoes! You boil it until it's just tender and put it in the blender with a little lite margarine and salt and pepper and blend it until it looks like mashed potatoes. It honestly tastes just like mashed potatoes!
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower "mashed potatoes." Cook and mash and season like mashed potatoes. Can add some cheese or roasted garlic.

Cream of cauliflower soup....

Cook in broth (just enough to cover the veggies) with some carrots and/or celery and/or onion. (i use all three). Puree it all in the blender. Add some non-fat condensed milk, and some cheese if you like. I usually thicken it with a little cornstarch or flour mixed in water. You can season it with salt and pepper, herbs, or my favorite, some cayenne pepper to just give it a little zing!
  • sceck
    sceck Posts: 219
    Options
    1/3 potatoes
    2/3 cauliflower

Mash, season, and serve like mashed potatoes. Good start, and the family likes it!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I cut it up into small pieces, spread it on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Roast in over for about 30-45 minutes on 375. When it's done, should be soft and browned, I sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese. Very yummy and very easy.

I make it exactly the same way! So delicious!!
  • atabt
    atabt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love cauliflower! Try frying it (after steaming) with turmeric. Very good for you.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower can be the best! I typically just steam it, then put a little chunky sea salt, truffle oil and grate a little hard Parmesan on it and it's AMAZING! Even without the truffle oil--just the sea salt and parm is amazing.

You can do this the same way in mashed form--I just put the steamed cauliflower in a blender, add a little water and puree. top with the same above. You and your family will love it....

I actually just put some on the grill tonight, drizzled w/olive oil and a little balsamic and had it on a big salad with some other grilled veggies---I liked it there too.
  • george_ie_girl
    george_ie_girl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A good way to cut down on the carbs and calories - sounds a bit silly but it's seriously awesome!

Cauliflower rice:

Grate up a heap of cauliflower and steam or boil it. Serve instead of rice.

Half a cup of cauliflower (boiled, without salt) is only 14 calories and half a cup of steamed white rice is 138.

Try it!