zumba and weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Control your food habit. Or else Zumba won't help. Eat at your deficit, then you'll start seeing results. I know cuz Zumba works for me while I'm eating at my deficit.

This!
  • catceol
    catceol Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love zumba! But lets get real about the numbers. Unless you're obese and doing a very very high intensity class, you're probably burning less than 400 calories for an hour long class. That can easily be wiped out with even a moderately higher calorie meal. Even things you think aren't terrible- like adding mayo and cheese to your sandwich. An hour gone in a few bites.

I eat my meals at my calorie limit. Then use Zumba burns for wine. Or a few oreos :)

Yup the wine bit is me, if I am going out what I burn in the gym is basically my kitty for booze calories... 3 hours in the gym tomorrow so I can have a night out tomorrow. LOL
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba and it is my exercise of choice because of the fun factor. If it is fun, I will stick with it. But I did not lose weight when I upped my exercise, as I must be eating back the calories burned. Sorry, hun, you are going to have to start monitoring your food intake.