How much water do you drink?

Options
I literally mean this as a poll.

-I am of the "keep the urine light to clear," camp of hydration. For me, that falls somewhere between the "eight 8 oz. glasses" and "1oz per kg of body weight" rules.
-I understand the science behind "everything counts," I just happen to like water. We do what it takes to make sure we have access to tasty water. Currently, we are lucky that all we need is a Brita filter to make that happen. Last year my husband was living in a new construction with nasty water and had to buy drinking water. Milk and V8 are the only other things I drink on a daily basis, with occasional cups of tea or coffee and rare servings of alcohol.

I average about 80 oz a day (3-4 24 oz. bottles). If I workout in the heat, I will add an extra bottle, with a half a Nuun tablet.

Replies

• rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I drink at LEAST 75 oz.-- one of the 75 oz. jugs you can get at Wal-Mart during the day while at work. I then drink an extra 1-3 glasses in evening, not sure of the oz, exactly. This does not include my daily cup of coffee or tea. As you are "supposed" to drink half your weight in oz. in water each day, I am not meeting that goal, but more than five freakin' POUNDS of water each day is enough for this girl!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    2.5-3 liters a day
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    As you are "supposed" to drink half your weight in oz. in water each day,

My personal theory is that some 120 lb. trainer came up with that rule to punish obese clients and then it got spread around the internet.

My brother drinks a gallon a day. And if you call him on the phone, he will hang up on you after about 5 minutes because he has to pee.

• rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    As you are "supposed" to drink half your weight in oz. in water each day,

My personal theory is that some 120 lb. trainer came up with that rule to punish obese clients and then it got spread around the internet.

My brother drinks a gallon a day. And if you call him on the phone, he will hang up on you after about 5 minutes because he has to pee.

haha! I totally agree.

I went to the doctor the other day and the nurse was having a hard time getting a vein (I have small veins). She said "do you drink a lot of water?" and I told her that I did and then the amount I usually drank. She then politely scolded me for not drinking enough. I politely rolled my eyes.

I literally weigh about five pounds heavier at the end of the day. I think that's enough water to keep my body functioning.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I can't stand water unless it has flavouring in it....and living in Canada where it is about -500 degrees for about 8 months of the year.....makes it so I really don't want to drink cold water....I'm lucky if I choke down a couple 500ml bottles each day....more in summer of course.....but only about 4 bottles
  • DeannaLynnPerkins
    DeannaLynnPerkins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    At least 64 oz per day. I know you get more with food, but I don't have time for that calculating nonsense. LOL. There are days that I definitely drink more. Basically, I have a goal of drinking 64 oz and if I feel thirstier, I drink more.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I drink between 8 and 12 eight ounce glasses of water in a typical day. I weigh 170. I don't know the math on that whole theory above but I am probably not drinking the "correct" amount haha. Anyway, this amount works pretty well for me.
    I do drink 1-2 cups of coffee and sometimes a can of diet soda. I don't consider those part of my water intake.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Typically 120 oz a day.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I don't really count it. I drink when I'm thirsty, and much of what I drink is water. My urine has always been appropriately light, and I honestly can never understand why people need to make an effort to drink enough--I always like to have water available to sip.

That said, from when I have counted it on occasion I probably drink around 80 oz or so in a normal day.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It depends, but usually I seem to get to around 120oz or so.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    A gallon a day about
  • charlesmauch
    charlesmauch Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I drink at least a gallon a day (about 140oz), and a lot more on days when I lift and I'm sweating heavily for an hour plus. (I'll go through 60 to 80oz just during my workout). To be fair though, I'm pretty big so I probably need more water than the normal joe anyway. 6'4"/240lbs ish.

Any less and my pee gets kinda dark and I notice I start feeling the symptoms of slight dehydration (decreased physical performance, etc).
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    4-7 litres a day, especially week days when I'm at work.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    20oz of coffee, otherwise maybe 60 ounces? I don't really count. And it's plenty for me (5'5", 133 pounds).
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I have a 30oz water bottle that I carry around with me pretty much everywhere I go. I fill it up 4-5 times per day.
  • illgresive
    Options
    Google converted mLs to fluid oz for me ;) I drink around 4 - 5 25 oz bottles per day. I don't really drink anything else (not a huge tea/coffee consumer, don't like soft drinks, might occasionally have juice but only if I go out of my way to buy it) so that's pretty much all of my regular pure liquid consumption haha
  • jflaur71
    jflaur71 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Usually around 100-120 oz per day
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    More than the person who will post after me
  • EK00001
    Options
    6-9 cups of water
  • EK00001