Start 30 day shred tomorrow (5/2)

Options
Does anyone want to try it out with me? I have never done it before and need support! I thought we could measure ourselves and check in once a week or something? Its hard to do weight for this b/c I assume you gain a lot of muscle so see more toning than weight loss........

Replies

• mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am half way through level II and I combine with zumba. I was so sore after Level I Day 1 that I could barely walk for 2 days. I immediately kept going and have seen great results. My endurance has increased very much. I have lost an inch off my waist in one month. I am pretty strict with my eating, so I attribute my results to that as well. I typically burn 250 cal per session and when I do it with zumba abs I usually total 500-600 cal for about 50 min of exercise (I have a HRM). I am seeing muscle definition all over my body. Its hard but like she says in the video....you want results in 20 min, you have to keep moving. You will get stronger. During the first circuit you have to do pushups for 30 seconds straight. The first time I think I did about 8. I now do about 18. Good luck. You will learn to love the pain.
  • alb_photog
    alb_photog Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started a week ago, but totally plan to do this whole month too. :)

I will be doing it in combo with running, and on days I don't run, 6 week 6 pack on top of 30DS.
  • daniellescsu
    daniellescsu Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys exercise a lot! 30DS plus running and zumba?!? When I used to run thats all I needed...I barely weighed anything! But cant do that anymore so thought would give this a go. Hopefully someone who reads this wants to start tomorrow so I have some teammates to keep me moving!
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I like the strength training. Helps me maintain muscle. If I do tons of cardio, I lose weight, but I think its more muscle mass than fat because I start to look flabby instead of toned.
  • frats
    frats Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just bought it today and was planning on starting tonight. I am on board for taking measurements with you though!

I hope to combine it with some time on the elliptical with it as well, but from what I have heard about how hard it is it, I am not sure. I will let you know tomorrow!
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    i'm starting again tomorrow. i did the 1st 4 days a couple of weeks ago but then i missed a couple of days and thought i'd wait and start again once the small boy is back at nursery. his help wasn't helpful :) looking forward to it!
  • daniellescsu
    Options
    Ok so the couple of you that want to start tonight/tomorrow lets send in our measurements tomorrow (I would tonight but I need to buy a tape measure tomorrow) and then we can talk about how hard it is! Or easy, or if we need to miss a day or need motivation to NOT miss a day!
  • frats
    Options
    Just finished day one. Ouch. I wish I didnt' but 5 lb weights! But it felt good. I have been doing Biggest Loser Challenge on the Wii, so it didn't kill me, but I am going to feel it tomorrow! I managed to get 25 minutes of elliptical training when I was finished.

What measurements are people taking? If I can get off the couch I am going to to bust, waist, hips, bicep and thigh. Am I missing anything?
  • daniellescsu
    Options
    Just finished day one. Ouch. I wish I didnt' but 5 lb weights! But it felt good. I have been doing Biggest Loser Challenge on the Wii, so it didn't kill me, but I am going to feel it tomorrow! I managed to get 25 minutes of elliptical training when I was finished.

What measurements are people taking? If I can get off the couch I am going to to bust, waist, hips, bicep and thigh. Am I missing anything?

Those are the ones I plan to do!
  • frats
    Options
    Here I go!

May 1: Level 1, Day 1

Bust - 40 inches
    Waist - 36 inches
    hips - 39 inches
    bicep - 11.5 inches
    Thigh - 20 inches

I've taken pictures but those aren't for public viewing!:ohwell:
  • lisa_2011
    lisa_2011 Posts: 11
    Options
    Started this yesterday using a 3lb weight and boy am I sore. I could not do it today :( But I plan to start tomorrow, so I am with you!

I will measure myself tomorrow.

Do you plan on doing the workout in the morning or night? I will be doing it at night.
  • daniellescsu
    Options
    Started this yesterday using a 3lb weight and boy am I sore. I could not do it today :( But I plan to start tomorrow, so I am with you!

I will measure myself tomorrow.

Do you plan on doing the workout in the morning or night? I will be doing it at night.

I will do it in the morning most day, but at night on days I work really early. Might be complicated but I need to stick to it! Will buy a tapemeasure tomorrow and get my measurements in!
  • Chrissle
    Chrissle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I started this last week and I totally agree that 5lb weights are too heavy for a couple of the exercises. I'm pushing through, but just because I used them with her No More Trouble Zones (and I'm stubborn). Definately don't go over 3lb if you are not used to working with weights.
  • daniellescsu
    Options
    Here I go!

May 1: Level 1, Day 1

Bust - 40 inches
    Waist - 36 inches
    hips - 39 inches
    bicep - 11.5 inches
    Thigh - 20 inches

I've taken pictures but those aren't for public viewing!:ohwell:

Ill get my measurements tomorrow! Cant wait! For the results I mean!
  • wendimarlow
    wendimarlow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I will start with you tomorrow as well :) Tried it once before and it kicked my butt the next couple of days! So willing to try again, but I do my running and eliptical as well, so hope to see some great results at the end of these 30 days! I like your comment, Mumma, about how cardio is not helping with getting us toned. Definitely could use some good strength training incorporated into my exercise. Thanks all, for the challenge! Will get measurements in tomorrow :)
  • frats
    Options
    All things considered, I don't feel that bad today. My quads are sorer than usual and I can feel the muscles in my back are tighter I think boths are because of the lunge/arm lifts. I might look through the pantry for a couple of cans to use instead of the 5 lb weights!

I think if I do it tonight, I will really suffer tomorrow!
  • elkmel
    elkmel Posts: 24
    Options
    I'd like to join! I have started the shred before but didn't stick with it, and I would like to complete it this time!
    Beginning 5/2/11 -
    185 lbs.
    Bust - 40"
    Waist - 33"
    Hips - 43.5"
    Bicep - 12"
    Thigh - 23.5"
    Calf - 15.5"

Looking forward to seeing some results!!
  • Celeste79
    Celeste79 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'll join in. I'll start tonight after I get home from spin class. I need some toning big time and I know JM will deliver.
    I'll post measurements tomorrow as I usually do my WI on Tuesdays.
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    just done day 1, was hard going because i danced my legs off at my brother's wedding on saturday and i'm still hungover :blush: survived though!

sorry to be a dweeb, but i don't want to share measurements as i have real life friends on here and it's embarrassing. lets just say 'enormous' and i'll share my results at the end.
  • frats
    Options

I do my workouts at night after my kids go to bed. We are out of the house at 7:30 am, so I don't have time in the AM.