Pre Workout

Options
Anyone have any good suggestions for effective pre-workout powders? for Cardio/T25.

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    You don't need one.

IF you want one, for cardio? I'd take something like HEED and 500mg of caffeine, personally.
  • HockeyGirl427
    HockeyGirl427 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I always like to get my workout done as soon as i wake up, but i always feel weak halfway through the workout. I just want something that will maximize my effort.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Maybe review your workout and your calorie intake to see if maybe making some changes will help in regards to your energy? What is your calorie goal set to and what's your schedule look like?
  • HockeyGirl427
    HockeyGirl427 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    my calories goal is 1400. and schedule in terms of my day? or my eating schedule.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    my calories goal is 1400. and schedule in terms of my day? or my eating schedule.

Sorry, should have been more clear. I was wondering what your weekly workout looked like. Do you eat before you exercise? Or are you doing it fasted?

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I've got to the stage where I eat something carb based like risotto or noodle based dish 1 - 3 hours before I work out - then protein after

I was feeling too sick on other foods eaten an hour before
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I always like to get my workout done as soon as i wake up, but i always feel weak halfway through the workout. I just want something that will maximize my effort.

a banana or a glass fo milk?
  • sazzyanne14
    sazzyanne14 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When exercising first thing I generally just have a cup of strong coffee
  • MamaP47
    MamaP47 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I take GNC Lean Ripped Protein powders. For cardio, I take it about an hour before I workout...only because I run like 6+ miles and don't want the cramps. I like taking it before a workout because it gives me that added boost. On days that I work out really hard, I take 1/2 of my protein shake after the gym for muscle recovery purposes.

This has worked for me, but everyone is different.