Relatively new and always looking for friends and support!

Options
I am 27 years old and have dieted on and off for awhile, it wasn't until about a month ago that I REALLY started my journey. I have been overweight since middle school but never had any issues getting on roller coasters so when I went a month ago I didn't think there would be an issue until I got to the ride and it took two workers to squeeze me into the ride. I was completely mortified and even cried [away from people, of course]. The next day I weighed myself and was shocked to see 321 staring me in the face. I am now down 16 pounds which is great, but I do not feel any differently. I am also having a lot of trouble drinking water throughout the day because I am just not that thirsty. I have also found that my appetite is getting smaller which is great, but sometimes I only eat about 1000 calories and I am no longer hungry for anything else. I definitely want to be healthy, that is my main goal. And of course I would love to be able to get on roller coasters without having to worry if I will fit or not since I love them. If anyone wants to be friends, I would love it! I have a couple people supporting me, but it would be nice to have some people going through the same thing as me!

Replies

• ccecci92
    ccecci92 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    you go girl!!!, im 22 years old 5'3 and weigh 210 pounds.... ill send you a friend request :)
  • R1DemonEyes
    Options
    I am relatively new to MFP and I feel your pain about the water consumption. I could go months between drinking a glass of the stuff!
    I weighed 155 in the 6th grade, and maintained that weight for another 2 decades. I ate what I wanted, when I wanted. (Yes, I was the one eating 3 bowls of ice cream at 3AM in the morning). Because my metabolism slowed down in the last couple years, I became comfortable with carrying 40 extra pounds and feeling rundown and lethargic. :neutral_face:
    It would have gotten progressively worse, but I was talked into signing up for a 5K race because my job was sponsoring a team. Trying to train for said race is what led me here to MFP, and boy am I glad I did!

I am always looking for fitness friends who can understand why I am struggling with whether to eat that next slice of pizza, or can cheer each other on when a little positive peer pressure can make all the difference. Feel free to befriend me!
  • audsLDN
    audsLDN Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Grats on the loss so far!

I used to be like that with water but found teas to be the way of getting intake e.g. jasmine, green, peppermint etc. Drinking plain water followed.

Sent a request :)
  • stopdropandlose
    stopdropandlose Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hooray on losing 16 pounds so far! I believe in you - you got this. Feel free to send me a request :)