1000 calories by 9am

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Gosh don't you just hate those days? I was up at 4am, just couldn't go back to sleep... Was starving by 5am.. so I had breakfast. Then hungry again at 8.30am. So I had a second breakfast.

I won't have lunch before noon at least, so there's that, but how do you deal on those days?

Replies

• jstrun
    jstrun Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    you suck it up and feed your body what its asking for, if you're body is hungry and its just not simply boredum eating, then you need to feed it, and just try to feed it as healthy as possible. Have some starchy veggies if you get hungry before lunch (usually works for me!)

Not every day is like this, if I go over my calories because I was simply hungrier that day and I know what I ate was all healthy, I don't feel guilty.

I'm like that today....but I will be hitting the gym so whatever I go over I will likely work it off today.

Good Luck!
  • HappyHope0123
    HappyHope0123 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Drink a big glass of water, and if after 10 minutes you are still actually hungry, not bored or irritated to be up so early, then eat.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    some days it's like that.

do the best you can the rest of the day and move on- if you wind up going over b/c you just had a REALLY long day... then so be it.

I find it very frustrating as someone who has very late nights- and standard 6-7 AM wake up times- that I feel like I'm awake longer- and I'm eating even less... it's frustrating- not every day will be perfect- so do the best you can- and if you go over- you go over. do better the next days.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    When this happens I allow myself an extra 1000-1500 (eat around maintenance) and call it a day. One day is not the end of the world.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Yeah, frustrating, but I agree with the others: it's not like this every day, it happens occasionally, no sense over thinking it. Just do your best and move on to a better day tomorrow.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    two words.

Biscuits.
    Gravy.

I know that feeling. ;)