Today I'm dressing differently for work and feel a little embarrassed

Options
I'm already at my desk, but my door is firmly shut

normally wear wide-legged trousers and a loosely fitted top - I've gone from large 16 (US 12) to current size of smallish 12 (US 8)

today for god knows what reason I put on a stretchy to the knee pencil skirt and a tighter fitting long-sleeved t-shirt material top and heeled boots

I've had a couple of lovely comments - one complimenting my boots, another saying I look amazing

but I'm kinda embarrassed now

and there's an all staff meeting soon

arrgghhhhhhh

<slaps self>

Replies

• sheahughes
    sheahughes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Fake it till you make it!
    Pretend to be confident and eventually you'll feel confident. Besides, most of the time people are to busy worrying about themselves then to obsess over what you're wearing on that day.
    Congrats on dropping dress sizes, I bet you look ah-mazing!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Wear it, flaunt it, you lost it.
    It is hard to get used to a new you but with the positive comments so far you must be doing something right.
    Have fun with your new slender look.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    well I got a few double takes that I pretended to ignore, a couple of you look greats, a 'wow love your boots' and one sharking but I reckon I got away with it :smiley:

I shall now stay at my desk for the forseeable future
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    sheahughes wrote: »
    Fake it till you make it!
    Pretend to be confident and eventually you'll feel confident. Besides, most of the time people are to busy worrying about themselves then to obsess over what you're wearing on that day.
    Congrats on dropping dress sizes, I bet you look ah-mazing!

Preach! Act like a person that wears fancy boots and stretchy skirts and you might find that you actually are a person that wears fancy boots and stretchy skirts.
    If it turns out you don't like it, you've not lost anything and you've found something out about yourself.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    oh, you said booTs :-)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

normally wear wide-legged trousers and a loosely fitted top - I've gone from large 16 (US 12) to current size of smallish 12 (US 8)

today for god knows what reason I put on a stretchy to the knee pencil skirt and a tighter fitting long-sleeved t-shirt material top and heeled boots

I've had a couple of lovely comments - one complimenting my boots, another saying I look amazing

arrgghhhhhhh

<slaps self>

if you dont feel comfortable you know not to wear it again.
  • MamaP47
    MamaP47 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It takes a little getting used to when you wear something different. Congrats on dropping the dress size. And like what everyone else said, flaunt it...or pretend to....at least for today.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

arrgghhhhhhh

<slaps self>

if you dont feel comfortable you know not to wear it again.

yeah :smile: you're right

- but I want to be able to wear this kind of stuff .. I'd wear similar happily socially .. it's just I've spent years not wearing this kind of stuff and where I work, people notice and like to comment which is nice of them I suppose, but totally belies my 'grumpy ol' b!tch you don't mess with' persona :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Oh HECK no woman!!! Own this! You worked for it, rock it!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I am sure that you look fabulous. That being said, I went through the same thing when I started losing weight and was able to fit into clothes that were a bit more flattering. What helped me was making a point to get up and walk around more rather than sitting at my desk feeling self-conscious. It was a bit hard at first, but it also made me get over that feeling.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ....but totally belies my 'grumpy ol' b!tch you don't mess with' persona

Have you considered the potential your boots have to ENHANCE this persona?
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Ooooowwww!!! I say go out there and rock it with confidence. You put that outfit on for a reason right?! I assuming cause you know you look great, you should flaunt your weight loss and you should feel good about it!

I am sure you probably look amazing. That outfit sounds fabulous!
  • barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Show it off with pride you earned it. I think if I dropped to a 12 I would be at work in a cropped top and thong...well maybe not that might clear the office but you know what I mean, I would be so happy, cant remember how many years since I saw a 16 far less a 12.
    Well done on your loss!
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options

arrgghhhhhhh

<slaps self>

You get used to it. I did the same thing. I started wearing skirts to work everyday after wearing comfy pants everyday for several years. Now, no one really pays attention to what I wear. It was nice knowing that people do notice me though. :smile:
  • Keliandra
    Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Shoulders down, shoulders back, head high. You've worked hard, and your brain hasn't quite caught up with your weight loss. Like the rest of the posters are saying, even if you have to fake it, project confidence and eventually you will BE confident!
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    but totally belies my 'grumpy ol' b!tch you don't mess with' persona :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not really. Now you are the hot unapproachable b!tch they don't mess with. You can make this work!
  • Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Stand tall and proud! You've accomplished a great weight loss and have a lovely figure! You will get compliments. Just say, "Thank you!" And...send us a pic!
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I started wearing skinny dress pants. Took awhile to get used to. But now I love how I look in them :)

Congrats!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

arrgghhhhhhh

<slaps self>

I bet you look beautiful! You go to the at meeting and strut your stuff and hold your head high! :smiley:
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Oh, get over your it with your fine self. Rock it. It's Friday anyway. Perfect day to experiment and do something new. Now open that door and do a couple spins down the hallway. B)