Isagenix Tips and Tricks

Hey Everyone,

Starting the Isagenix program on Friday (Last time I did a succesful dieting attempt I also began days before Thanksgiving...I'm a masochist). Does anyone have any tips and tricks to being successful in this program? I'm not a big shake drinker but I'll do it if I have no other choice...plus it was not a cheap investment.

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited November 2014
    Welcome, Daily. I tried Slim Fast years ago, but that's about it. It was expensive then too, and it did not really work for me.

It is my opinion that weight loss shakes, pills, aids, etc., are a waste of money because the only requirement to lose weight is to eat less than you burn. This can be done by cutting back on the foods you love to eat.

You always have choices. I suggest you don't do it and just learn portion control. :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    I tried Slimfast many years ago.

Try doing one of those drinks a day instead of two. One meal - I got too hungry doing two meal replacements a day. You might not. But if you do, switch to just breakfast. :)

When they're gone, start focusing on how to eat so that you can lose (or not gain).
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    My tip would be not to do it.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    chrisdavey wrote: »

Mine, too.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    chrisdavey wrote: »

+2

I looked at the program and the only thing I could see that it did that I couldn't achieve with counting calories is empty my wallet.

• chrisdavey wrote: »

Whilst i am no expert at loosing weight.. as i am struggling myself. the one thing i do know.. is that starvation based shake diets do not work.

The greatest success i have seen so far in people is, change your diet, up your activity and progress comes your way.

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Get your money back
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,009 Member
    You always have a choice. There is no need to drink shakes you don't like, bought with money you worked hard for.
  • jez_4ever
    jez_4ever Posts: 68 Member
    According to the American Heart Association (AHA), the maximum amount of added sugars you should eat in a day are (7):

Men: 150 calories per day (37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons).
    Women: 100 calories per day (25 grams or 6 teaspoons).

I added up the Nutritional Diet facts from a Cleanse day. Guess what: 89.5 Grams of Sugar. WHAT!!! and the cleanse day is supposed to be the healthiest, right?
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Do not reccomend shakes at all. If I wanted to starve I would just not eat. I like food. You can lose weight eating whatever you want if you control the portions. :)
  • LisaC101
    LisaC101 Posts: 35 Member
    I did Isagenix twice and both times lost 20lbs on the 30 day, but then quickly gained it back plus more!
    Unless you plan on doing it forever, then I wouldn't waste your money.
    Personally I like food too much to have two shakes a day for a long period of time, also there are so many other things I could spend hundreds of dollars on in a month lol

I'm currently eating healthy, watching my calories and exercising and this is something that is working and that I realistically can do for the rest of my life.

Good Luck on your journey :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    LisaC101 wrote: »
    I did Isagenix twice and both times lost 20lbs on the 30 day, but then quickly gained it back plus more!
    Unless you plan on doing it forever, then I wouldn't waste your money.
    Personally I like food too much to have two shakes a day for a long period of time, also there are so many other things I could spend hundreds of dollars on in a month lol

I'm currently eating healthy, watching my calories and exercising and this is something that is working and that I realistically can do for the rest of my life.

Good Luck on your journey :)

I like food too.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,733 Member
    jez_4ever wrote: »
    According to the American Heart Association (AHA), the maximum amount of added sugars you should eat in a day are (7):

I added up the Nutritional Diet facts from a Cleanse day. Guess what: 89.5 Grams of Sugar. WHAT!!! and the cleanse day is supposed to be the healthiest, right?

Very helpful - thank you! I think these types of facts are very helpful.

OP, since you already bought it, I guess give it a try. Unless you can return it? Otherwise, I think LisaC101 has shared a good point about her own experience with it.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    jez_4ever wrote: »

Didn't you quote this in a thread you started? And for the OP just walk away from Isagenix. If you can run away you can potentially burn a few more calories ;)

• dailyperez
    dailyperez Posts: 2 Member
    I'm going to have to give it a try as I already received the product :( But I'm doing my own version and am not cutting back totally on calories. I just have a VERY hectic schedule and so I do not have ANY time to meal prep so I'm actually saving some money on dinner, at least.
  • SLLRunner
    edited November 2014
    dailyperez wrote: »
    I'm going to have to give it a try as I already received the product :( But I'm doing my own version and am not cutting back totally on calories. I just have a VERY hectic schedule and so I do not have ANY time to meal prep so I'm actually saving some money on dinner, at least.

I'm going to try and talk you out of this. :smile:

Send the product back unopened and ask for a refund, if possible. Otherwise, throw it out.

In order to lose weight, the only thing required to lose weight is to eat a calorie deficit. Even if you take this weight loss pill, you will not lose weight unless you eat less calories than you burn. However, you can lose weight without this pill, just by cutting back on calories and not spending any extra money.

You are going to have to cut back on calories, so why not just cut those portions in half and go from there?

Do some trial and error stuff and see what happens.

We all have hectic schedules and don't have a lot of time for meal prep. This means cooking on a day when you do have time (and, like all of us, you must have some free time), and making sure you have enough meals for the week. It can be done. :smile:
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Ya, my tip and trick is to not take it or start it at all.

Instead, focus on finding a calorie deficit that is sustainable and an exercise you enjoy.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    guys, slim-fast is very sugary, high GI, and contains very little protein. it's crap. isagenix is low sugar, low gi, and tons of protein. they're really, really not comparable.

i find isagenix is useful if you treat it just as a regular meal replacement, not thinking it's going to be a magic pill to lose weight. i make a shake and toss half a cup of blueberries in it - tastes great and it's fast. but i don't buy into the whole 30-day system. yes, the 30 day system will help you lose weight, but to keep it off you'd need to continue using isagenix products ad infinitum.

return it if you want, that's ok. or use it if you want. that's ok too. just keep it in perspective.
  • SLLRunner
    mykaylis wrote: »
    guys, slim-fast is very sugary, high GI, and contains very little protein. it's crap. isagenix is low sugar, low gi, and tons of protein. they're really, really not comparable.

i find isagenix is useful if you treat it just as a regular meal replacement, not thinking it's going to be a magic pill to lose weight. i make a shake and toss half a cup of blueberries in it - tastes great and it's fast. but i don't buy into the whole 30-day system. yes, the 30 day system will help you lose weight, but to keep it off you'd need to continue using isagenix products ad infinitum.

return it if you want, that's ok. or use it if you want. that's ok too. just keep it in perspective.

The point is that a calorie deficit is the only thing necessary to lose weight. You will not lose weight on any product unless you eat at a calorie deficit. In other words, no product is magic.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Tip? Send it back before the 30 day guarantee money back no questions asks comes around.

Trick? don't buy it in the first place.