How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My "official" weigh in is Saturday. I also tend to weigh myself on Tuesday or Wednesday just to see if I am on the right track.
  • tjstickwood
    Options
    I track randomly, but naked in the am after I pee. I record only weights that are lower than the last weight I recorded. This works to keep me motivated and not emphasize the gains. So far it's almost 10lbs lost since Sept. 20th! Please add me as a friend if you are in the same boat as me - fairly new to this, trying to figure out what works and still keep some remaining balance in lifestyle. Also, I'm a proud Canadian Hockey Mom! (*)
  • into_fitness
    into_fitness Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning as soon as I get up. I find this to be more beneficial so I can see how certain foods/eating patterns affect the number on the scale. For example, I ate super healthy one day and was down a pound. I ate super healthy the next day, but went out to dinner with a friend and had a ginger salad and sushi - the next morning when I weighed myself I was up a pound.

I do it to see what foods affect my weight and it helps me monitor better. I definitely would be more on top of my weight if I weighed daily vs weighing weekly - I would lose track and focus that way I think.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Every morning and every night, but I log my official weight on Friday. I don't stress over fluctuations.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    When I was losing, religiously once a week. Always same time of day, same clothing (workout clothes).

Now in maintaining about twice a month. Still always same time of day, same clothing (workout clothes).
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Everyday after I get up and use the restroom. :drinker:

Fluctuations don't bother me.
  • ccecci92
    ccecci92 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Before and after I take a big poop. That's about it.

OMG i laughed so hard :D
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have 1-2 official weigh in sessions a week, during which I step on the scale 3-10 times, and take a) the average of all the measurements or b) the first measurement which I get at least three times. Note: my scale is ridiculous.
  • Nursie863
    Nursie863 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Weekly. Varies too much day-to-day.
  • rseneca724
    rseneca724 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Every morning after the restroom and before I shower, without clothing. I only log it once a week though.
  • mbcaldwell123
    mbcaldwell123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ocassionally!
  • MamaP47
    MamaP47 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Probably too much. Kinda neurotic but I like to see the fluctuations throughout the day (plus I'm bored). But I'm the morning I only hop on the scare after I use the restroom in my undies (and before my morning protein shake). I only record when there is a drop. But to keep me motivated I stare at myself in the mirror and admire the more toned body I see (my little morning pep talk).
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh myself daily so that I can have a cool looking chart when I'm finished, I take measurements every 2-4 weeks.
    Always in the morning after I go to the toilet.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Once a week; measure every two weeks; photo once a month.
  • gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Every day, but I use trendweight.com to keep myself from over-thinking it. And I take my measurements (waist and hips) every week.
  • DvrDawg
    DvrDawg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Daily -but, I only log it every monday. Weekends are a challenge. So, I use the impending Monday weigh-in to help keep me strong over the weekend when I am more likely to cheat. (I cheat on Friday and then recover over the weekend).
  • reggia09
    reggia09 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Twice a day -- first thing in the morning, and last thing at night. (The night weigh-in gives me a clue about what to expect int he morning).
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Every two weeks or so, lol. The doctor does it for me :p
  • WildOkapi
    Options
    I weigh myself multiple times a day. I only log it the 15th of each month though.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Once a week.......lol. I really don't have a set schedule......but I typically do, the morning after a good bowel movement......sorry for TMI......lol. But you asked ;)

Always in the morning though......and unclothed.....before I shower......but after urination ;)

Sometimes I'll weighh every other week.....if I don't feel like I've "lost" lol.....I call it a cheat.....but I push myself further the next week then haha