Significant long-term weight loss w/ medical cannabis?

Options
2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Brother-fell for an old thread again.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    There is some real ignorance on this thread by people that know nothing about cannabis. They just know propaganda.
    Keiras_Mom, if you have access to medicinal cannabis, do yrself a favor and try cannabis oil. Not only will it give you the sleep you need, it will set yr body right. Its been proven to cure some cancers but also diabetes, fibromyalgia, hypertension, obesity and many more ailments. You can even make yr own but it needs to be high in THC. Research Rick Simpson oil. He rediscovered the way to make oil that was used freely and openly before cannabis prohibition. When I say it sets yr body right, I mean that if you need to gain weight, it'll stimulate yr appetite. If you need to lose weight, it will shed it off you. If you need sleep, it will give you pain free rest. Which state are you in? I move to CO at the end of the month and can't wait to get the oil and start growing my own. Please research Rick Simpson Oil.

I'm in California. I don't combust my cannabis. So far I've tried a brownie, topical cream, capsules, and vaping (pre-filled cartridges, not flowers). I've had the best pain relief and sleep aid effects from the brownie and capsules (which I opened and mixed with food), so I'm thinking edibles are what works best for me. The vape tonics did nothing for pain or sleep, so I've ordered a stronger one to try, as well as some oil that can be used in food or sublingually, and 3 types of tinctures. I was avoiding higher TCH contents because I didn't want to be out of it, but the brownie I got was a gift from my dispensary and was a higher THC Indica blend, and it worked the best for both my pain and insomnia.

I've been doing a lot of research on oils, butters, and tinctures and have some good recipes saved, but they mostly call for pretty big amounts of marijuana, and I simply don't have that kind of money to try it if I don't KNOW it's going to work for me. That's why I'm trying the pre-made stuff first, and then I'll expand into making my own.

I've heard of the Rick Simpson oil/method, but haven't had a chance to really read much about it. It's definitely on my research list.

With my card, I'm allowed to grow my own, but I have a total black thumb, so that's not in the cards anytime soon. Enjoy CO!!

Thanks!
  • Depends on the strain and your self restraint, but Yer it gives you munchies normally so it's not gonna help with weight loss :smiley:
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Um, let us know how that works, as last I checked, it made you eat more.

This
  • bocoos
    bocoos Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've read similar studies. This isn't rubbish-- you all are just giving into the social construction of deviant behaviors. Numerous studies have found that longterm cannabis users are able tomato rain healthy weight. The idea that cannabis gives you munchies is a cultural phenomenon. In other cultures, it's used to fight other tribes and build adrenaline. Somehow, somewhere we got this silly idea that marijuana just makes you giggly, stupid, and hungry.
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bocoos wrote: »
    I've read similar studies. This isn't rubbish-- you all are just giving into the social construction of deviant behaviors. Numerous studies have found that longterm cannabis users are able tomato rain healthy weight. The idea that cannabis gives you munchies is a cultural phenomenon. In other cultures, it's used to fight other tribes and build adrenaline. Somehow, somewhere we got this silly idea that marijuana just makes you giggly, stupid, and hungry.

this.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    200_s.gif

Marijuana is still illegal in most states, so I'm locking this topic down in accordance with the following guideline:

8. Posts Must Abide By All Legal Statutes

a) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
    b) Posts which promote or encourage illegal activities, including, but not limited to, use of illegal substances, violence against others, and procurement of prescription drugs without a prescription, are prohibited.
    c) Images containing hateful or violent imagery, depiction of illegal activities, or copyrighted material are not allowed and will be removed.
This discussion has been closed.