Today I'm dressing differently for work and feel a little embarrassed

Options
2»

Replies

• caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    You work it girl! Besides, its not like you showed up in a bustiere, short skirt, and thigh highs.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    barbz2119 wrote: »
    Show it off with pride you earned it. I think if I dropped to a 12 I would be at work in a cropped top and thong...well maybe not that might clear the office but you know what I mean, I would be so happy, cant remember how many years since I saw a 16 far less a 12.
    Well done on your loss!

Lmao. I'm at size 6 and Im not ready to do that. :blush: Its all about confidence. Beauty at every size. :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Keliandra wrote: »
    Shoulders down, shoulders back, head high. You've worked hard, and your brain hasn't quite caught up with your weight loss. Like the rest of the posters are saying, even if you have to fake it, project confidence and eventually you will BE confident!

^^This.

I feel you, OP. It's like you're feeling a little naked or something. The first time I wore something that fit, it was surreal and I felt a little exposed. It IS different. Out of your comfort zone. You'll get used to it in time. But I bet you did look fabulous. And you've earned the right to strut in those boots!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! I wear a lot of guys clothes at work as generally I'm loading trailers so cargo shorts n t-shirt is my uniform... This time of year I do desk work for special projects and I can get away with wearing some of my better fitting clothes and I feel naked to start with... so much more showing between even a large guys tshirt and my ladies mediums... lol
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You're dipping your toe in the water on presenting your hot, new self to the world. It's a great day to be you! (Even if you're nervous...in fact, especially since you're nervous, lol.)

The first day I wore a shirt that fit (not tight! just not boxy), I was nervous. Felt weird. Not "me." I get it. :)

Congrats on your awesome loss, your new style and all the compliments! Go you!
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Oh HECK no woman!!! Own this! You worked for it, rock it!

+1