Calorie intake help needed

Options
I've been struggling with eating enough calories to use up my calorie count for the day. I just have been eating till I'm full or just about full and it hasn't been taking a lot. I'm not starving myself or anything, but before I could eat a lot of food and was so obsessed or addicted to eating just because it tasted so good, but now that I've been eating healthy and making better food choices I notice that I don't need to eat a ton to be satisfied. I've given up unhealthy carbs, (except whole wheat bread) beef, junk food, processed foods and pop and I've been exercising 3 times a week. So I feel as though I'm doing everything right, but from what my food diary says I haven't eaten nearly enough even though I'm not hungry. But am I doing something wrong? Also, it won't let me complete entry since it says I still have a little over 1,000 calories left and part of it is because I exercised today so it added on more calories.
So anyways... Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary? If you're not weighing all your food it's possible you're eating more than you think.
  • HappyPhantom4
    HappyPhantom4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've been religious about keeping track of how many calories I'm eating and I'm still loosing weight. I'm not weighing food, (I will be soon as I can buy a scale) but I have been measuring out proper portions of things and looking online or using the barcode on the items to help track my calories.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Since your diary is a lot of quick add calories and you don't accurately measure you're probably just eating a lot more than you think. I wouldn't worry too much about it right now if you're losing at a reasonable rate.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    A handful of my friends and I have started listing our exercise calories burned as
    2 or 3. That way we keep track of what we did and for how long. There is less temptation to 'eat back' more than we have burned. Calorie burns are often overestimated and difficult to figure out.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    A ticker saying only two pounds left to lose indicates that you should be set at about a 1/2 pound per week goal and that you should have a slow loss at this point as you near maintenance. All of your entries are generic, off the box listings without weights which means inaccuracies. Your two total days of logged exercise are impossible to evaluate in terms of caloric burn accuracy without basic data of weight and actual distance traveled since MFPs logging rounds off listed paces.
  • HappyPhantom4
    HappyPhantom4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your suggestions/advice!
    I'm new to this eating healthy lifestyle and exercise and I'm trying to learn as much as I can about it so I can be healthy.