dbmata wrote: »
    I dislike an armband when lifting.
    Nature's pocket.

VErdl3a.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I personally put mine away when I work out. No calls, no messages, etc. (well with the exception of cardio where I'll watch a movie).
    For most, it seems an armband works best, but they do sell neoprene belts too. But I think those work best with blutooth earphones.

http://www.fitletic.com/neoprene-single-pouch.html

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Do you think wearing an armband when doing arm lifting, particularly presses would give the wrong touch cuing to a lifter?

That's one of my issues with it, but I know I'm not the most normal sort.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I personally put mine away when I work out. No calls, no messages, etc. (well with the exception of cardio where I'll watch a movie).
    For most, it seems an armband works best, but they do sell neoprene belts too. But I think those work best with blutooth earphones.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I don't know how people lift with their music on their phone honestly- I have way to much music- and I can't stand the idea of having to stop what I'm doing if my phone goes off- I leave my phone in my bag- I have an Ipod for music only.

But I co-sign the movie for cardio- that's the only way I can stay on a bike- or stairmaster for more than 15 min.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm super classy. I like to stick my phone in the strap of my sports bra (up by the shoulder). I find that when I run outside, sooner or later the arm bands chafe.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I like my armband. I don't find it gets in the way at all for regular workouts and lifting. I've even used it while pole dancing, working on routines. I can go upside down, spin, headstands... The only real problem there is the cord from the earbuds, but I find if I tuck it into the armband a bit to shorten it, it really helps.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I tuck it under the strap of my bra
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Even on a treadmill? How? how can you keep upright and look ahead like how you teach your trainee's to run properly while looking down at a tiny screen?
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    In my bra for most lifts - I tuck it behind my back for bench
    Oh good call.

I go 2/3 of the way through my workout with it in my bra- shoved a little higher and to the left.. then when I'm well into working sets- since I lift alone- I take it out completely- I don't want to crush it for a potential roll of shame.

It also helps because I've got the bad habit of dropping my arch when I'm tired. If I can feel it, I know I've dropped.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    zarckon wrote: »
    pick up a secondhand ipod shuffle, clip it to your shirt, leave the phone in your locker.

I broke and spent $100 on a refurbished Nano.i liked having Bluetooth and playlists. It is the size of a credit card so it can be stuck almost anywhere.
    That and my jaybirds are a great combo.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I don't want to have to worry about an armband fitting, or slipping, so I bought a running buddy, it clips onto the waist of your pants with magnets. You just buy the right one for your specific device.

WebSized-0563-3_36cc2d1b-5db3-4294-980c-fbb732bc9ae6_large.jpg?v=1411272848
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I use an armstrap so I can easily access my lifting app on the phone. Airplane mode and I'm good to go.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the iPod shuffle. Simple. Easy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Oh good call.

I go 2/3 of the way through my workout with it in my bra- shoved a little higher and to the left.. then when I'm well into working sets- since I lift alone- I take it out completely- I don't want to crush it for a potential roll of shame.

It also helps because I've got the bad habit of dropping my arch when I'm tired. If I can feel it, I know I've dropped.

nice self correct! I'm not sure I'm high enough to feel that- my arch is stiff. :(
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I wear very tight pants and just put my phone in the waistband with the cord running up my tank top so it doesnt get caught in my arms or on equipment... not optimal, but it works for the most part
  • mctaricani
    mctaricani Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have used the iPod Shuffle for years. Clips on my collar or on my reflective vest. Light rain and drizzle doesn't seem to hurt them but they seem to die about every 2-3 years.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Oh good call.

nice self correct! I'm not sure I'm high enough to feel that- my arch is stiff. :(
    I don't have much of an arch at all. It's something I'm working on with my coaches to help shorten my bar path but it's slow going.

I am planning on picking up a small cheap iPod just so I can keep my music going while I get more training footage recorded
  • Rodman72
    Options
    iPod shuffle. Small, clips easily to shorts, etc, relatively inexpensive. I've had an arm band in the past and I just end up fiddling around with it too much and it's a distraction.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I have an iPod touch. That baby goes straight into my bra.