Trying to make myself "Start"

Options
2»

Replies

• kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    First, if you look at this as a diet, you are setting yourself up for failure. Look at it as a journey to a healthier you. If it's tough to jump in with both feet, make one or two small changes to get started.

I recommended to a patient today to stop after seconds and not go back for thirds. Also, to try to get 2500 steps a day (she has a podometer). Would this fit into the MFP goals? Nope. She will still be WAY over on calories. But, she will be eating less and moving more. When she feels she has conquered those 2 things (hopefully in a week or so- that was also a goal), I'll add 2 new goals. When I need to set small goals like this, I like to set one food and one activity related goal. Will the weight fall off her? No. But she will hopefully experience success and that is how the journey continues.

Hope this helps!
  • kazzball
    kazzball Posts: 5
    Options
    I know all about heart problems that run in the family. I have had 2 heartattacks now and I am only 37! Its all heriditary, body produces cholesterol and doesnt get rid of it
  • kazzball
    kazzball Posts: 5
    Options
    thanks for everyones help and support. I havent logged in for a bit out of guilt. I am starting today, I feel so bad, If i dont start the feeling is just gonna get worse by the day. :-(