I Am a Freaking Addict, Now.

Options
TossaBeanBag
TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
edited November 2014 in Chit-Chat
There is this rush in the middle of a good set. It is when a pump is setting in and that feeling of power and control over the weight is there. It happens right when you know you going to push more reps than ever before on what used to be a heavy weight. I gotta get that feeling again, but I have to recover a couple of days; but, I am like an addict waiting for fix. I want to lift something, again. I want that fix.

Are you an addict, too? Why do you think you are an addict?

Replies

• SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    4562104078840da14c6923818517f6e0.gif
  • HealthyinAZ
    HealthyinAZ Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm either an addict or nuts.. especially when I work my legs out to the point where I can barely walk for a few days but can't wait to get back to the gym for more.
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    ZooksBrah wrote: »
    4562104078840da14c6923818517f6e0.gif

Dang, dude, are you part of that Anonymous group getting my photo? (joking). I feel like he looks, sometimes.
  • feralX
    feralX Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    There is this rush in the middle of a good set. It is when a pump is setting in and that feeling of power and control over the weight is there. It happens right when you know you going to push more reps than ever before on what used to be a heavy weight. I gotta get that feeling again, but I have to recover a couple of days; but, I am like an addict waiting for fix. I want to lift something, again. I want that fix.

Are you an addict, too? Why do you think you are an addict?

Nice post. I like it, very well said.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm a little addicted, yeah. I think about it all the time too.

The downside is if I don't lift well one day, I feel pretty pissed/defeated.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I read the title quickly and thought it said, "I'm a freaking accident now."

Thought I was going to hear about someone discovering that they were not made 'because mommy and daddy loved each other'.

Or that they were accident prone.

I could have related to you if you were accident prone.

Back to getting paint out of my hair now...