Unsure about my goal weight... What's yours?

Options
I'm just a little over 10lbs from my goal weight, and I'm starting to wonder if I'll even be happy with it when I get there! I love the results I've gotten after losing 25lbs, but I'm not looking like I'd hoped I would by this time. I'm 5'10", my goal is 150lbs, pretty average frame-wise. Is this a good goal, or should I shoot for a little lower. Looking for some help from ladies that have been around this weight.

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    My first goal is 135 lbs (I'm 5'3").

My real goal isn't a weight, but a small range (125-130) which should put me at about 20% body fat :smile: the body fat is my real goal!
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Thats for you to decide! If you arent 100% happy then keep going!

My original goal was 120, im 125 now and my goal is 115!!

im short xD 5 ft 2-3
  • tamarab3
    tamarab3 Posts: 64
    Options
    :smile: I'm 5'9" and I have my goal weight set at 150 also. I have pictures from when I weight 145-150 and I look good in them. I would wait until you get to 150 and then see how you look and feel then decide if you want to make a new goal weight for yourself. Good job losing the 25 pounds!
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my original goal was 135 but i'll probably lower that to 125 or maybe when I get to 135 i'll feel and look great. I think you should decide when you get there.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    My goal is 130. I'm 5'2" so that's within the healthy BMI range. We'll see how I feel when I finally get there. I would pick a new goal based on what your BMI says is healthy. Congrats on your success!
  • kkuhly
    kkuhly Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'10" and average body size. At my smallest I was around 155-160 and was pretty satisfied because I was small but still had some curves. I also received the most complements at this size. I, personally, wouldn't go too far below 150 for fear of looking too small. I would talk to your doctor and find out what his suggestions would be for a great goal weight! I am still a long ways from my goal of 160 but know I will love my results when I get there!!!
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I am currently in the range of healthy BMI. At my height, the range is 129-174, so at 160 I fit easily. I guess it's more looks I'm worried about than the actual number on the scale. 150 was kind of a shot in the dark, since I've never been that thin before. Thanks for the input and I guess I'll have to see when I get there!
  • nsciambi
    nsciambi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my original goal weight was 130. I've been maintaining at 130-135 for about a year and a half and have just decided to shoot for 120-125.
  • rjgazray
    rjgazray Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started at 161.5 at 5 foot 6 inches. My goal weight was 140 but as I started losing weight, I realized the same thing...that maybe I'd want to go lower. I have reached 141 and I still see much improvement I want to make so I've lowered my goal to 130. My main concentration is being fit and feeling healthy. I definitely feel much better than I did but I want to feel even better than I do now. If I never reach 130, that's fine. I just want to feel GOOD.
  • MAVE3271
    MAVE3271 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I am 5'4.5" with a goal wright of 140. It sounds small, but I honestly don't know if that is where I want to be either. You need to do what seems right for you...just make sure you don't go to the oppisite end of the spectrum and lose tooo much weight. Hope you figuare it out soon.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3 117 with no muscle loss...
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8.5' and 1 month before I joined MFP, I weighed around 158 lbs. When I joined MFP, I weighed 148 lbs. My 1st goal weight was 135 lbs. I recently changed my goal to 130 lbs....mainly because I wasn't happy with the way I looked @ 135. But, in all honesty, what female really is?
  • cterbogt
    cterbogt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi .. okay let me first figure out this kilos to pounds conversion... right. I am just under 6' tall and I am aiming for 160-165lbs.

At one very low point in my life I dropped as far as 150lbs and there were parts of me that looked absolutely amazing, but I wasn't all that comfortable with how much my collar bone protruded. It made me feel like I was underweight.

But along with weight loss I am aiming for toning and I am not sure how much that may affect my final numbers if I am putting on some muscle instead of losing fat ... early days. Will take it as it comes and see how I feel when I get there :happy:
  • alex199617
    Options
    My goal weight is 112 and i am 5' 3'. I currently weigh 118. I started at 140, so i lost over 20 pounds. The last few pounds are the hardest:( but i want to be 112 soo bad. For my height the average weight is 115 but i am reallllly small boned so i need to be at least 5 pounds less then that.