2nd Week of diet! 12 pounds lost

khol1
khol1 Posts: 100 Member
edited November 2014 in Getting Started
Hi!

I didn't realise there were groups on here!

Anyhow, I recently decided to start losing weight, I now have stretch marks on my tummy, and at the age of 22 with no kids I decided it was time to do something about it! I'm the biggest I've been in my life now, and no longer happy when looking in the mirror.

Lost 12 pounds so far and I'm getting weighed every Saturday. The hardest part was finding the mental strength to say no to food (I'd eat everything, and the portion sizes were crazy)!! Its still early days but, I think the groups will really help me stay motivated and carry on losing weight!!

I have my 3rd weigh-in tomorrow!

K.

Replies

• Wow, how are you losing so fast?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    It will mainly be water weight but still a great start to a new life

Congratulations
  • khol1
    My Body Fat mass was quite high, so ive been eating minimal (but fruit) to lose it. Working so far but its starting to slow down now... it takes a lot of will power but i'm getting there!
  • cannonball99
    cannonball99 Posts: 7 Member
    Making the decision to make a change is a very important step, well done.
  • khol1

I'm really excited to get that confidence ive always wanted, and finally that bikini body!

This is definitely a lifestyle choice.
  • abir888
    abir888 Posts: 76 Member
    Good job ... i'm suffering losing more pounds since i'm so close to my natural weight... 3 weeks no diet nor sport ... i hope i'll get into the track back again ... mental fight stage again !!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Good job op, but 6lb a week is a pretty alarming rate considering the ideal rate are .5-2lbs a week. It might be water weight though and id be less worried if you were at the very high end.

OP how much exercise are you doing?

How many calories a day and how big is your deficit? Check with your MFP friends that its a safe and sustainable level plus your diet is relatively balanced. No idea what eating minimal means in terms of calories?
  • khol1
    Im using low calorie intake (calorie intake per day differs) whilst eating fresh foods, such as fruit and veg. At the moment, I am not doing any work-outs. Its starting to veer off as I only lost 4lbs this week. Its not 6lbs a week (I don't think anyone could keep that up), it has varied.

Starting to bring in small work-outs this week to see how that goes.
    Hoping to keep it at about 3 - 4 lbs per week now.

Abir, you can do it :) Im starting to look better, and healthier already!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited November 2014
    Nobody can see your diary, which is your business, but its importnat that your diet plan is safe and sustainable if you wish to reach target. Your body needs a certain amount to function, if you go too severe not only will you fail to get enough nutrition its also a risk you will quit and binge out. Please make sure you are eating enough. The min guideline is 1200 a day and entering your details on MFP should give you an idea of your target calories. You may be on that or above I dont know.

MFP suggests
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    edited November 2014
    Fruits and vegetables are great, but where is the protein and fat? From the little info you've given it seems unlikely that you have a sustainable plan. Find a rational calorie and macro target and you'll be better off in the long run
  • khol1
    Thanks for the tips guys :)
  • lisanp63
    lisanp63 Posts: 5 Member
    when I did MFP in 2012 and lost 79lbs I was under my calories by three to four hundred after exercise each day. I lost it fast but because of restricting myself to only certain foods a little stress in my life caused me to quit and binge my way up those 79lbs plus some over a period of 10 months. I would have never thought this could happen to me after I worked so hard at logging, and exercise.

I now am fearful of obsessing over MFP but am triing to sustain a healthy outlook to realize that MFP is a tool not a "religion". Please go easy and change your lifestyle each choice at a time. You don't want to be where I've been.

From someone who succeeded then quit regained and returned again
  • khol1
    I'm quite lucky, my partner is a personal trainer.. so even if I wanted to, he would never let me eat only one thing, and not work-out when I should. Which is a good thing for me, because I don't think I'd have the will power to do it alone.

I cant imagine what that must have felt like for you, and I'm definitely taking everything on board. I don't want to work so hard just to quit.

And I hope you get back to where you want to be Lisa! :)
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Sounds like you're doing well and have support! The weight does come whooshing off in the first few weeks (I lost my first 17 pounds fairly quickly, simply by giving up coke/most processed foods/lattes and eating more veggies). I think all that extra water weight coming off in the beginning is our bodies' gift to sustain us during the weeks where it doesn't come off!
  • lozzyhunxx
    lozzyhunxx Posts: 47 Member
    Well done! & It's great that your partner's a personal trainer :relieved: