What's For Breakfast, Everyone?

Options

Replies

• Pootler74
    Pootler74 Posts: 223 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Here are a few things I enjoy:

- French toast, (1 egg, splenda, cinnamon, 2 slices wholemeal bread)
    - Porridge (35 g oats, about 150 ml milk, plus water, splenda, and maybe some peanut butter, dried apricots, or protein powder.)
    - Scrambled eggs
    - All bran cake - usually chocolate or carrot cake (love this - google scan bran cake recipes and substitute the scan bran with All Bran or similar), with greek yoghurt
    - Protein shake, sometimes with frozen berries.
    - Protein bar and some fruit
    - English breakfast (If you have time to make it, you can fit this into your macros by having a lower calorie lunch, using low-fat or meat free sausages, lean bacon, lots of mushrooms and tomatoes, and cooking in Frylight instead of oil.)
    - Laughing Cow light on two slices of wholemeal bread
    - Oaty yoghurt pancakes (about 40g oats, 165 ml flavoured yoghurt, 2 eggs, splenda. Mix, leave in fridge overnight, fry into little pancakes in the morning.)
  • twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Breakfast Pita Pizza. It's a recipe that I took off of eat this much.

http://www.eatthismuch.com/recipe/view/breakfast-pita-pizza,34083/
  • QueenInge
    QueenInge Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    enicus91 wrote: »
    Oatmeal and coffee. I usually can't stand oatmeal so I tried to mix up the recipe.
    1/2 C Oats
    1 C Vanilla Soy Milk (Lite)
    Dash vanilla extract
    Dash cinnamon
    Dash nutmeg
    Dash salt
    1 Tbsp peanut butter

Taste is fine, but the texture is what gets me about oatmeal. Maybe I'll add some dried fruit next time.

Old fashioned oat meal cooked very slowly in water has a more whole grain texture. The instant or quick cooking oats tend to have that generic slime texture. I like cinnamon and honey in my oats. I've even cooked dried cranberries in it and it was great. Another favorite to add after cooking is diced banana. Oats keep me feeling full most of the morning.
  • thedietpilot
    thedietpilot Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The last two days, I've been experimenting with "splitting" my breakfast up into "segments". And it seems to be working well for me. I'll try it again today, which is my Day #3.

While getting the kids ready for school, I ate an apple.

I will then have strawberries / blueberries / banana after I drop them off.

So effectively, I'll be eating a little bit gradually all morning long. This will keep me satisfied, while staving off any cravings, hunger pangs, or emotional triggers for wanting to eat bad-carb foods.

(I guess this is somewhat akin to eating "several small meals" per day as opposed to only a few large meals.

But this journey is a process that constantly requires tweaking and modifying along the way.

How is everyone else's day going?
  • missbirrell
    Options
    I don't work and so don't have a set schedule (or sleep schedule) and the only reason I get breakfast in most days is because I take morning meds and they require food. I currently have several breakfasts on rotate:
    - Bran flakes, skimmed milk, raisins and a banana
    - Flavoured porridge, made with water
    - Turkey bacon with an egg and brown bread
    This week I've been having a rare treat of a crumpet with jam and boy do I feel the sugar come down from it, not filling at all!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I just drink coffee and don't eat until noon. I'm just not typically hungry in the morning. But! This was my breakfast this morning

e8irq0n62l19.jpg
  • thedietpilot
    thedietpilot Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I just drink coffee and don't eat until noon. I'm just not typically hungry in the morning. But! This was my breakfast this morning

e8irq0n62l19.jpg

Those of us who skip breakfast.... Don't they say that "breakfast is the most important meal of the day"? Supposedly, from what I've read, eating breakfast helps to kick start your metabolism for that day. How do we reconcile that? Or is that just a myth?

Can anyone here attest to whether or not eating or not eating breakfast makes a difference to your ability to shed those unwanted pounds?
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    4 banquet heat and serve turkey sausages
    1 fajita size low carb/high fiber whole wheat tortilla
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options

e8irq0n62l19.jpg

Those of us who skip breakfast.... Don't they say that "breakfast is the most important meal of the day"? Supposedly, from what I've read, eating breakfast helps to kick start your metabolism for that day. How do we reconcile that? Or is that just a myth?

Can anyone here attest to whether or not eating or not eating breakfast makes a difference to your ability to shed those unwanted pounds?

Meal timing makes no difference. If you're hungry, eat, if you're not, don't. Just meet your calorie goals. :)
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I had pizza for breakfast
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Today I had my leftovers from dinner: steak, Brussels sprouts, and winter squash.
    Supposedly, from what I've read, eating breakfast helps to kick start your metabolism for that day.

Your metabolism doesn't need to be kickstarted. It's not going to decrease just because you go a few additional hours without eating and it doesn't turn off overnight, either.

I always eat breakfast because I get up early and tend to be hungry not terribly long after I get up (largely due to habit probably, I also went years not eating breakfast and my weight hasn't tracked that in any respect--I've gained and lost weight both when both eating and not eating breakfast).

What I do (while losing weight) that people say is a no, no, is eat dinner very late. Again, because my metabolism operates overnight, there is no harm.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

e8irq0n62l19.jpg

Meal timing makes no difference. If you're hungry, eat, if you're not, don't. Just meet your calorie goals. :)

^this. Your metabolism is always going. Eat a proper caloric amount for your goals and eat when it makes you feel best. That's how I lost 53 lbs :smiley:
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow, I am making a recipe off of here. The Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Pancakes, with turkey bacon and eggs.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Coffee and quest bar. Pretty much daily. Quick and easy to eat on my commute to work, and on my days off I grab one right after my workout. Either way it keeps me going for a few hours before I have time to make some real food!
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I had oatmeal.
  • lothquendi
    lothquendi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it under 200 calories, because I get hungrier in the evening.

2 cups of black coffee
    1/4 cup granola
    1 slice lean ham
    1/4 cup fresh fruit
  • cantumelia
    cantumelia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Lots of coffe. And I mean LOTS. And some high protein skimmed yogourt. And some days, when I want to indulge myself, one or even two "tortas de aceite" (160 calories) qyh4oqlvoovy.jpg
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Steel-cut oats and dried blueberries cooked in almond milk plus one hard-boiled egg on the side. I've got my long hike in the hills today. B)
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    This past week, I had this every day: 1 baked oatmeal bar, 1 serving fruit, skim milk, decaf coffee, water.

This coming week, I'm having: 2 fried eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1/3 cup part skim ricotta, Diet Cran Grape Juice, decaf coffee, water.

I have the same thing for breakfast all week, then switch it up every week.