Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How often do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• LSD09
    LSD09 Posts: 3
    First thing in morning. Monday-Friday. I don't weight myself too much on weekend. My whole system is off. :\
  • TanLinesNTailgates2
    TanLinesNTailgates2 Posts: 1,528 Member
    Every morning but I only count it once a week on Monday mornings
  • once or twice a month usually
  • creepyer
    creepyer Posts: 16 Member
    I try for once a week or less. it's better for my mental.
  • cantumelia
    cantumelia Posts: 59 Member
    Never. I never weight myself. I used to be anorexic when I was younger and have a phobia of scales. I´m afraid that weghting myself could make me relapse or get depressed. I measure my progress by measuring my waist and hips.
  • stopdropandlose
    stopdropandlose Posts: 162 Member
    Every Friday, naked and after I've gone to the bathroom.
  • M4rni3
    M4rni3 Posts: 8 Member
    Every single day, first thing in the morning :p
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    I weigh myself every day but I have a 5-10 lb fluctuation every week even though I pretty much always eat the same things. I don't really put too much stock in the scale. I rely more on BF testing and how my clothes fit. I have a lot of muscle (I'm a powerlifter) so my BMI says I'm overweight, but my BF tests say I'm in the optimal range for a woman of my age...so I don't let the scale tell me much about myself. It's more of a habit than anything.
  • rererangi03
    rererangi03 Posts: 27 Member
    edited November 2014
    Thursday weekly - every 10 days - and 30th or 31st of the month, and always first thing after morning pee
  • I weigh myself every Sunday morning before I eat or drink anything, and after using the bathroom. I weigh myself without clothing. During the week I may weigh myself just to see how I'm doing. But I try to avoid doing that.
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Every two weeks on the Sunday after the bathroom, without clothing for most accurate results for me :)
  • Daily. Obviously, it fluctuates, but if I see it creeping up, time to start hitting it hard again.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited November 2014
    Every day in the morning, first thing.
    Same. Weight varies so much day-to-day that I like to average it once a week for accuracy. If I just weigh myself once a week, I don't know if it's an uptick, a downtick or average.

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Daily after i wake up and gone to the bathroom. If there is a loss then i log and move on and if not then i don't log and move on.
    Below is the chart of my logs since starting my WOE.
    15660364489_f569039bc8_b.jpg
    15226719883_d024b43e4b_b.jpg
    15224104374_6d84b272f4_b.jpg
    15226718303_1747a007e0_b.jpg
    15820544586_cda30d9b60_b.jpg

• digistyle
    digistyle Posts: 40 Member
    edited November 2014
    Once or twice a month, usually on a Saturday, after my workout. A little more if I'm doing a personal challenge. I started focusing more on the inches and less on the pounds. Took a bunch of stress away.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Every day in the morning, first thing.
    This!! ^^^^
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Completely random. I'll go for a week without weighing and then the next week I'll find myself weighing morning and lunch (there's a scale at the gym. I know, I know, stick to one scale).

BUT I only record my weight on MFP if 1) it's a new low (I hate getting "congrats" over and over for the same pound I seem to lose) or 2) if I've consistently been at least 5lbs over for say... a coupe of months.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    I went from weighing myself everyday to twice a week to just not doing it at all for the time being. I was getting a little obsessive. I think I'll do it once every two weeks.
  • I weigh myself once a week. Every Monday before I get ready for work. It's the same time, same day and it's been working! Good Luck on your journey!!!

• RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Beginning of the week, in the morning.