Need an idea for stir fry veg flavour please.

Options
bellarox13
bellarox13 Posts: 95 Member
Ok normally i flavour my stir fry veg with soy garlic and chilli. I am not really wanting to use soy sauce as the sodium is stupidly ridiculous. What do you flavour your vegies with?

Replies

• rjgazray
    rjgazray Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Have you tried low sodium soy sauce? I also like balsamic vinegar, rice vinegar, or olive oil and spices.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Iron Chef makes a great low sodim one. I think it is orange ginger glaze. I love using it on stir fry.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    bonk.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    fish sauce? also a little sodiumy tho,
    I usually use a little soy, low sodium chicken broth, ginger and garlic and chives.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi....like you I also always used soy sauce but omg way too much sodium in it and even low sodium kind is crazy high. I made stir fry the other night and added lots of garlic, onions, ginger and just a splash of soy sauce at the end.(low sodium) I really didn't miss the taste myself because I don't salt anything anymore but of course my hubby noticed. It tasted great to me:) I used tons of veggies and added in water chestnuts for a crunch.
  • xomakaxo
    xomakaxo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I use a mixture of teriyaki sauce and katsu sauce, very sparingly (separately mix a teaspoon of each, dilute with a little bit of water or lemon juice, then add to pan), along with garlic powder, ginger, and a few other spices. Yummers!
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    I use Bragg Liquid Aminos in place of soy. It's got way less sodium than soy sauce (it is made from soy, though, and it's not fermented). It is very flavorful.

http://www.bragg.com/products/la.html
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I use lemon or lime alot.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    rice vinegar, ginger and garlic
  • rachellepilcher
    Options
    Check out the link for a couple alternatives.

http://dontsalt.blogspot.com/2009/05/soy-sauce-studies.html
  • stephw321
    stephw321 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use "Bragg All Natural Liquid Aminos" It tastes just like soy sauce, but with much less sodium. It comes in a spray bottle, so you only use a little bit at a time. It really is great and even my family doesn't know the difference!
  • bellarox13
    bellarox13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will see what I have in the cupboard and experiment.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    bump again :)