stomach is getting bigger while losing weight????

Options
I dont understand whats going on!! Im slowly losing weight everywhere else in my body, my arms, legs, face etc....but my stomach is getting bigger. I know this because my pants are fitting so much tighter than they used to. I was thinking it could be because of bloating from something. Maybe theres another reason....I dont know! Has this been the case with anyone else?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You're not pregnant, are you?
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    is your colon clear? gas or backed-up solids (sorry..) can really bloat out the abdomen.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    ^^^legit ?
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    my abdominal girth has varied up to 4 inches when things are not right in my digestive system. as soon as the condition is taken care of, i'm smaller again.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    **** happens to our bodies that makes no sense sometimes. Just keep losing weight and make sure you have a lifting routine and you'll be fine.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Could your core be getting stronger and giving the feeling of getting bigger?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in your profile picture your stomach appears to be smaller…

fat comes off from where it wants, not where you want...
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Check your carbs macro.
  • JonathanLepoff
    JonathanLepoff Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I agree with ndj1979 you are actually smaller
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Check your carbs macro.

why?
  • hummynbyrd2252
    Options
    Try a good cleanse, and keep your glucose levels as level as possible so that your insulin level does not spike. Really watch your carbs as they, of course, turn to sugar which in turn drives your insulin levels crazy. Have you had your insulin level checked??? And Cortisol??
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Have you had any pain or feeling pressure on one side or another of your abdomen? I had some weird bloating and later discovered I'd had an ovarian cyst. Sometimes they burst on their own but sometimes they have to be removed surgically. Not to scare you, but just another possibility.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    You're not pregnant, are you?

+1
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Have you used a tape measure to verify?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Check your carbs macro.

Please explain why.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Try a good cleanse, and keep your glucose levels as level as possible so that your insulin level does not spike. Really watch your carbs as they, of course, turn to sugar which in turn drives your insulin levels crazy. Have you had your insulin level checked??? And Cortisol??

did OP say that her kidneys and liver stopped working???????

• ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, not pregnant, took a test. My clothes are tighter and my profile picture is old Im back to the before picture now lol. but anyway Ill definintley try a cleanse
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, not pregnant, took a test. My clothes are tighter and my profile picture is old Im back to the before picture now lol. but anyway Ill definintley try a cleanse

a cleanse is going to do nothing…please don't do that as your body already does that naturally ..

just keep eating in a deficit and the fat will start to come off your stomach ….
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    if by doing a "cleanse" you mean getting more water and more fiber via veggies and fruit and such, then by all means do a "cleanse". A "cleanse" can help if what it really means is an improvement on your regular diet such as drinking more water and eating more fiber filled veggies and fruit.
  • Artionis
    Artionis Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ok, how 'bout this: you have lost weight in other places, but your stomach is stubbornly holding on the fat (for now). So. Your stomach is not getting bigger. As the fat in other parts of your body recedes, your stomach APPEARS to be getting larger. It isn't. Eventually, your stomach will recede and your body will be in balance. Patience, grasshopper. You are doing just fine.