Question.. I'm a new myfitnesspal member

Options
say... I am on day 28, and have been below my allowed calories every day except maybe 1-2 days. I should of lost at least four pounds. My progress report isn't showing any weight loss! It's still sitting at zero pounds lost. Is this normal?

Oh... How do I add other members on this forum? I'd love to have friends within the group

Replies

• 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    When do you weigh yourself? It's important to weigh at the same time every time (ie mornings). Did you move your scales? the ground scales are on can screw them up. you should have lost something.

And friends: you click on a members profile and click the add as friend button. Enter a message with your request

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    luv2fly11 wrote: »
    say... I am on day 28, and have been below my allowed calories every day except maybe 1-2 days. I should of lost at least four pounds. My progress report isn't showing any weight loss! It's still sitting at zero pounds lost. Is this normal?

Oh... How do I add other members on this forum? I'd love to have friends within the group

1) Are you weighing your food (not measuring with cups) and logging everything
    2) Are you following the MFP calorie guideline, in which case you should eat back any exercise calories (50 - 75% of MFP / machine estimates)
    3) Did you set your activity level, height, weight, age, goal correctly
    4) see number 1

(are you due on? do you weigh at same time under same circumstances)
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Have you logged your weight changes? You have to log your weight for it to show up on your progress report...it'll show as 0 if you haven't registered a change in weight, or do you mean your scales aren't showing a loss?
  • luv2fly11
    luv2fly11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply!

Yes... I am following the program exact. I am weighing everything, and if in doubt.. I round up. I entered everything properly. I am not talking about what I weigh on a scale. I haven't weighed myself since I started MyFitnessPal. I'm talking about the progress report on MyFitnessPal. Isn't it suppose to estimate what the weight loss should be by calculating all the information we input daily? IE: Height, weight, activity, goals, all meals, snacks, and so on. I have been under the recommended calories almost every day. Or... did I misunderstand what this app was capable of doing?

Am I supposed to be weighing myself, and then I have to input my weight each time I weigh myself. I thought the app calculated everything we entered, and then the progress report would show how much weight we should of lost.

Thank you so much for your help!!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You have to manually enter your weight because everyone is different and won't weigh/lose the same. When you click complete diary each day, it gives you a 5 week estimate - but it's up to you to weigh and enter the results to show progress on your profile.

Hope this helps!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    luv2fly11 wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply!

Yes... I am following the program exact. I am weighing everything, and if in doubt.. I round up. I entered everything properly. I am not talking about what I weigh on a scale. I haven't weighed myself since I started MyFitnessPal. I'm talking about the progress report on MyFitnessPal. Isn't it suppose to estimate what the weight loss should be by calculating all the information we input daily? IE: Height, weight, activity, goals, all meals, snacks, and so on. I have been under the recommended calories almost every day. Or... did I misunderstand what this app was capable of doing?

Am I supposed to be weighing myself, and then I have to input my weight each time I weigh myself. I thought the app calculated everything we entered, and then the progress report would show how much weight we should of lost.

Thank you so much for your help!!

ahhh no sweetie, you need to weigh yourself and enter it manually to show a loss - best to do once a week / month whichever suits you

there's not really a should have lost - and much weight loss is masked by water weight

on the PC go to Home Page - Check-in
  • audreyanderson4
    audreyanderson4 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If you aren't doing this already, drink 8-10 glasses of water daily...and really watch your sodium intake. If you are retaining water (which ironically, drinking water helps with unless you have certain medical conditions) your scale may not budge.

Are you exercising too, or just calorie counting? You may try reducing your carb ratio, MFP defaults to 50% but many get better results by increasing protein and fat relative to carb intake, eg: 40 protein/30 carbs/30 fat or 40 protein/40 carb/20 fat.

good luck
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You click the box "complete entry" at the bottom of your food diary. It'll estimate a 5 week progress weight loss. You have to weigh yourself and enter that into my fitness pal before it will slow it in your progress.