How much cardio do you do a day?

Options
124»

Replies

• segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I was doing 4.5 hours a day on my bike 7 days a week for six months to drop weight but now that I'm tiny, winter is here and the world is frozen, I've cut it back to 2.5 hours a day for now (mostly to avoid frostbite).

I think the key is to just do as much as you enjoy. I wouldn't spend hours a day doing something unless I was having fun.
  • arianaxo99
    arianaxo99 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    30 mins of cardio. Or i run a mile or 2
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I do 45-90 mins of cardio a day 6 days a week. I lift 3 days a week.

But I'm also over 300 lbs and completely sedentary,the gym is my only form of exercise and also therapy for me because my home is insane lol.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Edited cuz it posted twice.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Depends on my fitness cycle. Preparing for a race I'll do 15 to 20 miles a week and in a low running cycle where I'm doing more weight lifting I'll do about 6 to 15 miles a week. Currently I'm doing 4 days of lifting and 3 days of running so more around the 12 mile mark.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Depends on my fitness cycle. Preparing for a race I'll do 15 to 20 miles a week and in a low running cycle where I'm doing more weight lifting I'll do about 6 to 15 miles a week. Currently I'm doing 4 days of lifting and 3 days of running so more around the 12 mile mark.

ETA so around 90 to 100 mins a week right now.