Am I eating enough? I can't tell if it's my BC making me hungry!

Options
I'm 5 foot 2.5 inches. Today I had a persimmon, half a veggie subway sandwich, a subway gingerbread cookie, and a burrito. From what I've looked up I need like, around 1300 to stay at my current weight I think. That's not bad, right? I can't even tell. It seems like enough in my head, and the calories are fine. On here it said 1100-something. But my stomach is growling. Do you guys think I ate enough? Eat more, or is it my birth control making me hungry? I'm worried it's gonna make me gain.

Replies

• JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Based on your stats, you are probably 90-something pounds and could probably stand to gain some weight anyway (rough estimate since I'm half an inch taller and maintenance was around 1300 before I chose to start putting on weight).

But 1200 calories is supposed to be the bare minimum for getting all of your nutrients so you should at least aim for that. You won't put on weight eating 1200 calories or even a few hundred more.
  • mcjebus
    mcjebus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 130 ;-; And alright, I'll eat a bit more. Thanks.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    mcjebus wrote: »

Oh okay. Well then I'm sorry for making assumptions. But even more so there's nooooooooo way you'll put on weight eating more than what you're eating now.
  • mcjebus
    mcjebus Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Oh okay. Well then I'm sorry for making assumptions. But even more so there's nooooooooo way you'll put on weight eating more than what you're eating now.

I'm glad I asked. I had some dragon fruit, it was yummy. :3
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    If your tummy is growling then you better eat a little something! Your body has eaten through it's cals and needs some more. hence the grumble.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Where did you look up that told you your maintenance calories was only 1300? That's crazy low, and sounds way more like your BMR not your TDEE.

You might want to check that out again, it sounds totally wrong.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 2.5 inches. Today I had a persimmon, half a veggie subway sandwich, a subway gingerbread cookie, and a burrito. From what I've looked up I need like, around 1300 to stay at my current weight I think. That's not bad, right? I can't even tell. It seems like enough in my head, and the calories are fine. On here it said 1100-something. But my stomach is growling. Do you guys think I ate enough? Eat more, or is it my birth control making me hungry? I'm worried it's gonna make me gain.

I'm 5'2" and just a few pounds less than you, and I would be STARVING on that little food. No - you did not eat enough.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Definitely could stand to eat a bit more. Also, do you currently have MFP set to maintain? 1,300 seems a bit low to me; I'm about an inch and a half taller than you, and I maintain on several hundred calories more than 1,100-1,300.
  • PhitnessWorks
    Options
    If you are 5ft 2.5in. and your weight is 130 pounds according to your BMI to maintain you current weight you should be eating 2, 055 calorie if you are moderately active.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JayRuby84 wrote: »
    If your tummy is growling then you better eat a little something! Your body has eaten through it's cals and needs some more. hence the grumble.

has nothing to do with actual need- it's a conditioned response to how/when you feed your body. If I ate every time my stomach growled I'd be permanently obese.