What's your opinion on Vaping? Healthy or not?

Options
13»

Replies

• KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    If it helps you quit smoking and is temporary then it's fine. However I think you should aim to eventually quit the vaping as well. I quit smoking almost 5 years ago on my own, I was just ready to let it go. But I was never a heavy smoker and could see how this could be a step in the right direction for some.
  • Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I saw "vaping" and thought we were talking about something else, not tobacco.

Whoops.
  • Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I saw "vaping" and thought we were talking about something else, not tobacco.

Whoops.
    oh dear :/

Hey, it is calorie free, relaxes you, makes you sleep better…..I could go on...
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    A whole lot of judging in this thread. :unamused: I vaped to quit smoking a few years ago. It made it almost easy. I guess I did cold turkey in that I only used 0 nic carts. In times of high stress, I'll still grab an e-cig whereas before the e-cig was available, I'd have gone for a pack of Marlboro Lights.

You guys don't think you're inhaling chemicals every day? Hahaaaaa Breathing in toilet bowl cleaner makes me cough. Vaping never did. Oh yuck, you people who wash your toilets are gross. :trollface:
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    jlahorn wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Neither for it or against it.
    It's vapor so it's more than likely not harmful. People use vaporizors to help them breath now.

Whoa, no. Vapor is not ok just because it's vapor. Vapor just means that something's suspended in air. It's what's IN the suspension that causes harm or benefit. People commonly use WATER vaporizers to help them breathe better. On the other hand, vapor from the artificial butter in microwave popcorn contains diacetyl, which causes bronchiolitis obliterans, aka popcorn lung. Mercury in vapor can cause all kinds of horrendous health problems. All vapors are not even remotely equal.
    Point taken, but IF the flavors and oils used in vaping were toxic/poisonous, the FDA would have definitely stepped in by now. That's not been the case.
    Not to mention many vaporizors use a menthol oil of some type to help with congestion/breathing.
    So yes, what's suspended in the vapor can cause harm or benefit, but as I mentioned, I don't believe the current oils and flavors do that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Exactly people don't know what they are buying and breathing in.. someone mentioned formaldehyde content found by scientists and they won't know the side effects for another 10-20 years..... thats my point.

I do know quite a few people that used them to quit smoking (some still smoke cigarettes when they go out drinking though or in social situations).

Formaldehyde is in regular cigarettes, along with God knows what else. I smoked menthol cigarettes for about 23 years. That's some of the worst cigarettes you can smoke. I'm not 100% sure exactly *what's* in the vapor, but I'm thinking it's got to be better than traditional cigarettes. I'm not going to say woo-hoo, they're great, but yeah, they've got to be a better alternative or a step down.