Options

Replies

• kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Old Navy! catch a sale.. today as a matter of fact
  • WildOkapi
    Options
    I wear a pair of my husband's sweatpants and a t-shirt - works wonders.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I wear shorts & a t-shirt that probably came from a thrift store, I really don't remember.
    The shirt alternates days with a tech fabric (wicking) shirt I bought at the VA for something like $10.
    I'd haunt the thrift stores, esp. while actively changing sizes.
    As long as it covers me & doesn't get in the way, it's OK. (Oh, and it can't be pink.)
    When I can find the fabric, I want to make a pair of knee-length bike shorts. Have to adjust the pattern, though, 'cause I made it when I was a little larger.

51637601.png
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Kohls
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I get capri pants from Wal-Mart and wear old t-shirts that I pick up from Goodwill.

77704065.png
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I like the Danskin brand sold at Walmart. It's cheap but holds up well.

This. I have 4 Danskin pants and been wearing each once a week for more than a year and they still look new. They look great and are cheap. They also had a sale at Walmart getting rid of their summer clothes and I got sleeveless shirts for $5 each, they were pretty cute.
  • CamilleNoemi
    CamilleNoemi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I bought some work out clothes from Primark, they are ok. Great price, but the quality isn't that great. I like some of the stuff H&M sells, good quality for a decent price.
  • katieobrienps300
    Options
    I go through the sale bins at Under Armour. It can be a bit pricey, but it will last FOREVER! You can usually find good deals online.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Have workout gear from aldi and Lidl and from sale rails at sports stores. Will always buy goid sports bras as being a dd cup need the support and find Debenhams often have offers. If you know your size amazon is another place to look for offers. Tk maxx again does great prices on Nike or other moisture wicking brands.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I have some Avia full length leggings I bought at Walmart - I hate them, they have a mesh section on the legs that is totally scratchy and irritating. So I don't wear them, that was $15 a pair down the drain.

But I also have 4 pair of Danskin Now capri leggings that I also bought at Walmart that are great, were $12.95 a pair.

I have seen full length Danskin leggings there too but honestly it's not cold enough to really need them here yet now that I'm running on the treadmill indoors (when i bought the Avia ones, I was still running outside)

And for shirts I wear Russel Athletics 360 Dri performance fit tee shirts from the Men's department, also at Walmart.

I don't give a fig about how I look, I just want to be as comfortable as I can be in my sweaty glory.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I go through the sale bins at Under Armour. It can be a bit pricey, but it will last FOREVER! You can usually find good deals online.

I will be doing this when I reach goal but it's impractical for me now as I am still losing too fast to justify spending more than about $15 per item....it pains me to have to retire workout clothes that still have years of life in them but just don't fit anymore.
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all of your input and great suggestions! I'm in the UK, so unfortunately no Walmart, but I am going to try some of our supermarkets (e.g. Sainsburys and Tesco) to see their selections.

Hadn't thought of charity shops (thrift stores) or ebay/amazon, so thanks for those suggestions too ladies.. this is why I love MFP.. you ask a question, you get a tonne of great answers :)
  • katieobrienps300
    Options
    Go with the compression gear. I don't run without them, and they will never be too big. I started with a few pairs of shorts 5 years ago, and still rocking them at the gym/trail.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Great post ~ thanks! :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't buy anything like that at full price. Too much of a cheapskate. I usually get some good quality things at decent prices, but I search out clearance sales for them.

I'm not brand loyal AT ALL, and I'm willing to wait, so as long as it looks good, is comfortable, and is of good quality I'll take it once the price is right. I prefer deep discounts on last season's quality stuff over this season's low-priced shoddy crap, since the price ends up being fairly similar after all the discounts anyway.

Although at times the crap works out OK. I don't want to mow the lawn, clean out my garage and paint the house in my nice clothes. ;)
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I get a lot from Karrimor at Sports Direct - really reasonable - go up to a UK size 20. The fabrics wick moisture away from your skin so you feel cool.

Now I'm a bit trimmer I'm also getting stuff from Fabletics - certainly good for the 1/2 price initial outfit even if you opt out every month thereafter.

Hope you find something you like!
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I have found that I like the stuff at Asda, and when desperate I will venture in the jumble sale from hell that is Sports Direct.
    However, I don't look good at the gym, if I achieve clean and tidy I count that a success.
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    logg1e wrote: »
    However, I don't look good at the gym, if I achieve clean and tidy I count that a success.

Haha logg1e - that made me laugh. I agree, my motto is:

jbodmj4yce9t.jpg

However, 2 sizes too big joggers and oversized men's t-shirts are getting in the way and I need something that will help me stay cool. Unfortunately I'm not at a stage where I am comfortable wearing things that are tight fitting, or shorts/vest tops, so have fairly limited options!
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    logg1e wrote: »

Haha logg1e - that made me laugh. I agree, my motto is:

jbodmj4yce9t.jpg

However, 2 sizes too big joggers and oversized men's t-shirts are getting in the way and I need something that will help me stay cool. Unfortunately I'm not at a stage where I am comfortable wearing things that are tight fitting, or shorts/vest tops, so have fairly limited options!

I felt the same when I started out - I prefer men's tops for that reason - the sleeves are a bit longer and cover up more (plus there's no low-cut necklines). I started out in 2xl men's clothes.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all of your input and great suggestions! I'm in the UK, so unfortunately no Walmart, but I am going to try some of our supermarkets (e.g. Sainsburys and Tesco) to see their selections.

Hadn't thought of charity shops (thrift stores) or ebay/amazon, so thanks for those suggestions too ladies.. this is why I love MFP.. you ask a question, you get a tonne of great answers :)

Sports direct when they have a sale on (which is all the time)