Slip ups

Options
every month at the end i reward myself with something nice to eat I.E. burgers, pizza etc.

i figure no big deal im in the gym 25/30 days a month easily. for october i was there 29 days (missed only the 17th and the 25th).

ill eat maybe 2 meals of what the hell ever and ill do that for 2 days and then go back to working out, thats my only cheating i do for the month (i drink once every 2 weeks)

everything was cool and then i went overboard, my 2 days of eating whatever, lasted 3 and a half and im kind of mad at myself about it but im back and it felt great to go back to the gym i was really fluid!!

this month is going by so fast tho =/

i guess my real thing i wanna ask is what do u guys do to keep urself from going back to old habits, sometimes i think about it i have to admit, just last year in february i was 562, and now im 333.

Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Slip ups happen. Just keep plugging away and logging your whatever the heck meals. The slip ups happen less for me as time goes on. The more good habits I practice the easier it becomes. Congratulations on all of your success.
  • performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    First, amazing loss already!
    Second, I don't really think about 'slip ups'. I am the type of person that if I deny myself something, it will drive me crazy and I'll end up binge eating later! Luckily I enjoy healthy food, so I don't usually want junk. But when I do, I refuse to hold it against myself.
    Sure, we all go off track, and it can be hours, days, or weeks. But getting back to it is the important part!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You've had incredible success so far! In fact, you're kind of an MFP Superstar with those awesome results!

I think it's important that when you feel like you've slipped up, to remember that it's just a brief bumpy patch along a long road of successes. It makes me sad when people have a lapse, become discouraged, and then quit and undo all of their hard work. :'(

If the vast majority of the time you are moving in the right direction, a few slip ups here and there shouldn't ruin your plan. It may or may not mean a temporary slow down, but you're still well on your way. Just make sure those lapses are infrequent and that you refocus on your good habits when they do happen.

You obviously know what to do and you're committed for the long haul. I think you'll be fine. <3
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I personally feel like its a better idea to not look at food as a reward, rather something you can just eat when you're hungry. what I mean by that is finding ways to regularly include the foods you like, pizza, burgers, etc. Into your regular eating habits by making them fit your calories and macros. This way you will be much less likely to go crazy because you've been depriving yourself for so long and you're finally tasting the "forbidden fruit".
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Ever try. Ever fail. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. - Samuel Beckett

Everyone slips. Your favorite athlete has had a bad performance; your favorite actor has forgotten a line; your biggest inspiration on MFP has had a day where they didn't stay on target. In each case, they dusted themselves off, shrugged, and went back at it the next day.

And so can you.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's over, so log it and move on.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Slip ups are bound to happen. Personally what has worked for me is that I don't restrict anything from my diet. That has usually sets me up for a binge if I do. It's been working out well so far, I just eat things in moderation and it satisfies my craving. But, you are going to slip up, it's bound to happen. Human nature. Just accept it, learn from it, and continue on your way.
  • JVClubs
    JVClubs Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I personally feel like its a better idea to not look at food as a reward, rather something you can just eat when you're hungry. what I mean by that is finding ways to regularly include the foods you like, pizza, burgers, etc. Into your regular eating habits by making them fit your calories and macros. This way you will be much less likely to go crazy because you've been depriving yourself for so long and you're finally tasting the "forbidden fruit".

wow i never thought about it like that but i feel lik even if i have say pizza once every 10 days, it might cause a massive slip up, discipline is what i need to work on the most
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    JVClubs wrote: »

wow i never thought about it like that but i feel lik even if i have say pizza once every 10 days, it might cause a massive slip up, discipline is what i need to work on the most

You can have pizza and still be disciplined. Just fit it into your macros and daily calories.