How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• brianhendirx
    brianhendirx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Every morning and every night just for my sake.
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Daily, but i don't stress the fluctuations.

This

Weighing daily helped me see that a 1 - 2 lb. up or down fluctuation daily is perfectly normal and has nothing to do what I did or did not do the day before. The number I pay attention to is the weight on the first of the month and the weight on the last of the month. I try for that second number to be 5 lbs. lower than that first number, but I still have a good deal of weight to lose and I am no where near maintenance yet.

• JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a month. My home scale broke a few months ago and I've been too lazy to fix it so I use the one at the gym.
  • camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every Monday morning! I might during the week, depending how the eating habits were. I only log it on MFP on Monday mornings though!
  • optionsgod
    optionsgod Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    ntnunk wrote: »
    Daily, first thing in the morning, post-bathroom, pre-dressing. I don't stress about day-to-day, I log weight to a spreadsheet on my phone and look at my 7 day average at the end of the week as my gauge of progress.

is there a certain app you use with the spreadsheet?

• optionsgod
    Options
    Daily after i wake up and gone to the bathroom. If there is a loss then i log and move on and if not then i don't log and move on.
    Below is the chart of my logs since starting my WOE.
    15660364489_f569039bc8_b.jpg
    15226719883_d024b43e4b_b.jpg
    15224104374_6d84b272f4_b.jpg
    15226718303_1747a007e0_b.jpg
    15820544586_cda30d9b60_b.jpg

wow incredible !!

• optionsgod
    Options
    I track randomly, but naked in the am after I pee. I record only weights that are lower than the last weight I recorded. This works to keep me motivated and not emphasize the gains. So far it's almost 10lbs lost since Sept. 20th! Please add me as a friend if you are in the same boat as me - fairly new to this, trying to figure out what works and still keep some remaining balance in lifestyle. Also, I'm a proud Canadian Hockey Mom! (*)

will any team in Canada win the cup ever again ? lol just playin, I'm a big NY Rangers fan. Just added you.

• optionsgod
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies. So many of them !!
  • mellowmelodee
    mellowmelodee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself as soon as I have taken my first pee of the morning. I log everyday.
  • AndrewDKM
    AndrewDKM Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do it every 2-3 days, and will not always log a loss into MFP. My ''official'' loss for the week comes on Monday morning though and logged into the challenge I'm taking part in on r/loseit. I like the weekly weigh ins, but having lost 26 lbs now since I started I actually can't wait to step on the scale.

• nrida
    nrida Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    BEST once a week on friday! People eat healthy during the week so you weigh less and it gives you motivation
  • MADNutrition
    Options
    almost every day in the morning at the same time. :)
  • AmiCeresi
    AmiCeresi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day because I could gain a lot of weight, relative to my small frame, in one week if I don't. I don't stress myself if I show one day of weight gains. If I show two days of weight gains, I try to eat healthier. If I show three days of weight gains, I dropkick my *kitten* into action! Conversely, if the scale shows that I am losing too much weight, I eat more.
  • MerryJohnson
    MerryJohnson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weight once every 4 weeks. Usually 6 or 7 pounds, sometimes only 3 or 4. Depends on what was going on during that 4 week period. The fluctuating that goes on when weighing weekly drives me crazy!!!!! So, if I weigh once in 4 weeks, I'm sure to have lost weight & I feel good! Once I get closer to my goal weight, I will start weighing once a week. You have to find out what works best for YOU in your weight loss journey. Good Luck!
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, with no clothes on, after I pee but before I eat. It's the lightest weight of the day, and I find that motivating.
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Once a week, same day, same time.
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Usually once a week, some months once every other week. I try to keep it on the same day and the same time.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Twice a day. First thing in the morning and again just before bed. I only record it once a week. Some may find this obsessive but it keeps me on track.
  • Doingitforme95
    Options
    Every morning first thing when I wake up, but I only record once a week.
  • lozzyhunxx
    lozzyhunxx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Saturday, midday, every fortnight. I never used to measure which is a shame as I've reached my goal weight now - I don't know how many inches I've lost :/ I would probably have measured once a month...really wish I did now :s