NSV May Challenge (0lbs Club)- ready, set, go!

Options
TTHdred
TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
Are we ready??!!! Ready to ditch the scale…ready to celebrate true success?!I am so ready. Below is the list of members so far (still testing how to post pics so I can post the chart).

Ok remember, next Sunday/Monday please report:
1) Minutes exercise for the week (track yourself or use mfp report)
2) Calories burned for the week
3) Waist to Hip Ratio (only if you want to)

Mini Challenge: I HATE PUSHUPS!, lol. :grumble: They suck and my writs always hurt. But I can’t deny that they are the best way to work your arms, chest and most importantly, your core. So this week pick a number and do them. Increase the number of push ups you can do. Either in one shot, everyday for the week, or one or two days…just do em!

Have a FABULOUS week!
Challengedayone.jpg

Replies

• Shannmarrs
    Shannmarrs Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thank you for putting this together!
  • dessertchef
    Options
    This should be fun. I do have a situation though.....mfp doesn't tell me how many calories I burn when I lift weights, actually I don't think it tells me for cardio either, does anyone know how to fix this? Also, how do I do a waist to hip measurement?

I have been doing poorly on my eating habits lately and this should get me back on track.....so thank you. I weighed myself this morning and I have gained two pounds.....not good. So my goal for this weeks challenge is to do 40 pushups.

oh no...I don't know how to put the ticker on my post :-(
  • dessertchef
    Options
    Hooray...I figured it out....I posted my ticker. Now if I can lose 30 pounds!
  • nissafull
    nissafull Posts: 48
    Options
    Hope I understand the graph, And how do you post a ticker! :huh:
  • Nhendrickson86
    Nhendrickson86 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    So excited to get a jumpstart on my weight loss this month! :happy: Thanks again for putting this challenge together, and I'll definitely give a valiant effort to the push ups this week. Good luck everyone and I look forward to hearing all the success reports at the end of week one. . . including my own. :wink:
  • TTHdred
    Options
    Sorry guys! :blushing: I guess my husband is right, not everyone speaks me! Plus I goofed! :bigsmile: I wrote the wrong thing on the original post. It should be calories consumed, based on the mfp report.

So the chart goes:
    WK1M – Week one minutes (you can give minutes our hours)
    WK1C – Week one net calories consumed
    W2H – Waist to Hip Ratio

Then it repeats for all four weeks, giving a total time, change in Waist to Hip ratio and (it’s cut off) total calories eaten.

The ratio is just your waist measurement divided by your hip measurement. Regardless of what is going on with the scale, those tend to change and it is a good way to measure your success and congratulate yourself for your hard work.

p.s. wasn't gonna do it, but got on the scale today after working out like crazy this weekend and gained 2lbs :sad:
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys! :blushing: I guess my husband is right, not everyone speaks me! Plus I goofed! :bigsmile: I wrote the wrong thing on the original post. It should be calories consumed, based on the mfp report.

So the chart goes:
    WK1M – Week one minutes (you can give minutes our hours)
    WK1C – Week one net calories consumed
    W2H – Waist to Hip Ratio

Then it repeats for all four weeks, giving a total time, change in Waist to Hip ratio and (it’s cut off) total calories eaten.

The ratio is just your waist measurement divided by your hip measurement. Regardless of what is going on with the scale, those tend to change and it is a good way to measure your success and congratulate yourself for your hard work.

p.s. wasn't gonna do it, but got on the scale today after working out like crazy this weekend and gained 2lbs :sad:

OK, so do you want NET calories? I rarely go by my NET, so I need to make sure I'm giving you the correct number!! See, I tried eating back my exercise calories, and it wasn't working out for me, so now I'm trying to not eat them back, so I've been ignoring my NET.
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    :happy: Okay, here we go!!! I don't particularly like push ups either, but they are also great for abs!! Are we tracking them too, or is this a personal goal type thing?
  • nissafull
    Options
    Hi ladies. I measure and I am .79 WHR. I did 40 wall pushups this morning and 20 leaning pushups this afternoon... I have not worked my way to floor pushups... My friend, who is a trainer, said leaning or wall is going to give you resistance if you are just starting.. Now, off to my gazelle glider. Will report my total exercise and calories later. Happy pushups ya'll!
  • Daysea13
    Daysea13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great week so far! I'm starting the C25K program today. I haven't started any push ups yet, but I guess today is as good a day as any to start! Good Luck all!
  • TTHdred
    Options
    Hey all.... Happy Hump day!!
    Had a rough two days, but I should be game again.

So...you can track net calories or otherwise. Just as long as you consistent week to week. I actually blogged on how that whole thing works if you wanna read :bigsmile: (disclaimer: I am new to blogging)

pushups are just personal! just for those who want a light umph! If you want to report you can. I did a whooping 20 so far, lol. And you can do any variation if you'd like.

What;s C25K? Sounds hard!! ::ohwell:
  • nissafull
    Options
    It is Saturday, I did 100 pushups this week total... Mind you they are leaning pushups... from the counter top. My carpel tunnel syndrome makes it hard for the floor, but going to work on them... Hope you have had a good week 0 lbs Clubbers....:drinker:
  • TTHdred
    Options
    wow! that's awesome. Great job on the push ups!