Bad Days

Options
How do you guys get yourselves back on track after a bad weekend?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, just get back to logging. Forget yesterday, it's past history.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I just log everything from a "bad weekend", and continue my journey the next day. Life happens and you can't avoid it. Just get up, dust yourself off, and continue on your way. :)
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    You just do it.
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    After a bad day of eating, I'll sit down and write down where I went wrong, e.g. no breakfast, chose a mars bar over a banana at breaktime, skipped lunch, leading to eating a pack of biscuits in the late afternoon... etc, to try and see what the reasons were.

Then I tend to log EVERYTHING, and try to work out if I can still be at or under my calorie goal for the week, by eating a bit less for the rest of the week i.e. if I ate an extra 1000 calories on a bad day, over the course of the week that works out as 143 extra calories a day, so I will try and be at least 143 calories under my goal each day for the rest of the week food wise, or burn an extra 143 calories a day at the gym.

Don't beat yourself up - my biggest mistakes in the past have been working hard for a few weeks, then having one bad day/weekend and thinking "sod it, might as well give up now!"
  • ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem this week... I was doing good at logging and then one day it started to fall apart.

Today I'm starting over. Forget the past. I can't fix it.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've been working to accept that it just happens! I am human and I am not always going to follow a strict eating regime, and that's okay. What makes us fat in the long term is not one odd weekend, week, or even holiday season necessarily - it's that kind of consumption on an on-going basis. Being mindful of all this helps me get back on track, as long as I keep my goal in the forefront of my mind, I know I am doing far better than I would be on the couch with a family bag of peanut m&ms hahaha. Awareness!
  • MamaP47
    MamaP47 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It happens. Don't worry about it. Just get up, shake yourself off, and try again. Remember, you are human...so mistakes do happen. Eventually, eating right and making smart decisions will be like second nature. You. Can. Do. This!!!

Besides it's about 3500 calories to either gain or lose weight...so think of it in a cumulative sense and you'd be ok.
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I don't beat myself up.. I just see it as an exception and get back on track. One of the main reason I had so many issues in the past was that I beat myself up so much about eating, or developed a .."See you can't do it" attitude. Now, I just see it as an exception and try to develop a plan for next time. One mantra I use when faced with yummy stuff "That is not the only piece of pie I will ever get to eat" then i may take a bite, if my day affords it.. or skip it. I log it all, even when I've been stupid..

Exceptions do not need to be a rule, but if you keep making the same mistakes without examining why and thinking about what you will do next time .. then the exception becomes a rule.. if that happens then yo-yo will be in your future. To be able to deal with the mistakes, you have to be honest with yourself. To see a change in your eating habits, you have to REPLACE one behavior or food choice with another, until that replacement becomes the norm.

9386728.png