What was your NSV today?

Options
bethira
bethira Posts: 132 Member
I try to look for one every day. NSVs can be so much better than the scale kind.

Today I walked into Five Below (the store where everything is $5 or less). They had yoga pants for $5. I bought a pair. They fit. I walked into a bargain store and walked out with a $5 pair of pants, like a regular person. Unless you used to only be able to shop in a plus store, you can't even know how amazing this feels. But I bet a lot of you know just exactly how amazing this feels.

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I love a good bargain, and I also truly love the NSV's.

Today I went boots shopping. Although it was great to find boots that easily zip up over my calves (That's my NSV.), it was a bummer that I was unable to purchase a pair due to them being too big in my ankles. :D
  • KaruBlack
    KaruBlack Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was able to find pants my size but not my height. Seems stores think women can't be tall. But at least I could find my current size. ^_^
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    First thing I did after I woke up - worked out. Even though I hadn't slept well, was sleepy, tired, cold, feeling lazy, etc. I got out and did my workout. For a person who is so easily giving up this was huge.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I got married almost 15 years ago, and have had 2 children

6 months on MFP and in the gym I tried on my form fitting wedding dress from 15 years ago today even though I'm still 3lbs above the weight I was then

It fits

In fact it's a little loose across my hips

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Tried on a bunch of clothes to clean out my clothes and get rid of clothes that had been in storage for a year or longer. Much to my surprise, I easily have one large garbage bag full of clothes that are too big for me that I am giving away (I don't want to go back to those sizes and I refuse to buy bigger sizes so I can go back there). Several of the clothes that I had put in storage because they were too small, I will be able to wear now. Which is great because several of the jeans still had their tags!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Still living off the high of yesterday's NSV. Ran 13.6 miles/my first half marathon and with a faster pace than I ever have. Finished before my goal time.
  • oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Both my jeans fit again AND I can breathe and move in them! In fact my muffin top is now smaller than when I first bought one of them.

I don't like jeans that much though, so I'm waiting for my next goal: have my skirts sit on my hips again instead of high on my waist :smile:
  • sarah_hite
    sarah_hite Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just bought 4 LARGE t-shirts that fit me. I used to wear XXL at one point. :)
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Today I put on a tank top that used to stretch tight and unflatteringly across my stomach but today it flowed smoothly over me with room to spare.
  • jim_just_jim
    jim_just_jim Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My SO told me I have no *kitten* anymore. I think thats good ???, from my perspective it is.
  • jim_just_jim
    Options
    no as* anymore, whoops
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    My SO told me I have no *kitten* anymore. I think thats good ???, from my perspective it is.

that is definitely good....
  • jim_just_jim
    Options
    fobs13 wrote: »
    My SO told me I have no as* anymore. I think thats good ???, from my perspective it is.

that is definitely good....

;) thx fobs13
  • Rayedar
    Rayedar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just came in from shovelling my driveway and sidewalks. Last year I considered it a good workout. This year it was like nothing. I wouldn't even count it as exercise :)
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Completing 30 minutes on Level 8 on the crosstrainer (10 minutes were actually level 9), whereas weeks ago I couldn't even complete 30 minutes at level 5 :)

Love these threads - there is a longer one over at: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/30401214#Comment_30401214
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rodderick! I'll check that one out as well.
  • AndrewDKM
    AndrewDKM Posts: 10 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    When I started five weeks ago I was at the middle of the five holes on my belt and two weeks ago I switched to the last hole. Today, I had to punch a new hole in the belt. I also just ordered 3 new pair of jeans one size less than what I'm wearing now.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I ran today!!
    Just last week I started trying to jog, doing intervals (walk 90 sec, jog 30).
    Today I bumped up the top speed to over 6 mph & was doing pretty good. Still can't hold it for more than 45 sec to a minute, but that's a bleep of a lot better than I could do this time last year!!!!
    :sweat_smile:
  • abcmommyx3
    abcmommyx3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just logged my 30th day on MFP and also now easily fit into several item that were in the too small box
  • kksmom8
    kksmom8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Finding boots that I can zip up easily, woot woot!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!