Why am I not losing weight

Options
I've been eating at Maintenance calories or a little but under and I exercise 3 days a week for 30 minutes and I haven't lost any weight in fact I've been experiencing weight fluctuations like losing a pound and gaining a pound and gaining .5 pounds . How do I lose weight? I just need to lose 5-10 pounds of fat . My diary is open

Replies

• havafeed
    Options
    your diary is open but profile is private ;D. You have been eating for maintainence but are you then accounting for the cardio you are doing? if that's the case, don't. What is your TDEE?
  • ariaerie97
    Options
    havafeed wrote: »
    your diary is open but profile is private ;D. You have been eating for maintainence but are you then accounting for the cardio you are doing? if that's the case, don't. What is your TDEE?

Oh , I just made my profile public and my tdee is 1460 I'm 5'2 and I don't eat back my exercise calories
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    because you are eating at maintenance. It's unlikely that your exercise burns are enough to show significant losses. Coupled with the fact that you're probably eating more than you think, of course you're not eating at a deficit. Which is required for weight loss.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you are not over 18 then you belong on sparkteens.com.

Are you weighing your food? It may be you are eating more than you think, even a variation of 10% makes a big difference.

So if you are eating at miantenance then you are relying on 30mins exercise 3x a week to ne responsible for your weight loss. How many calories do you think you are burning? Typical cardio would be anything from 300-800 calories an hour imo. You are more likley burning between 250 and 400 per session. So that means 750-1200 per week.

That equates to 1/4-1/3 of a pound a week. Its a tiny amount and inaccuracies in cardio burns plus weight fluctuations plus logging accuracy can easily wipe that out.

Eat less , move more.

ps you lose fat and muscle when you lose weight. If you are under 18 go to sparkteens.com.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    It's because you are eating at maintenance. You need to be eating at a calorie deficit which is what is required for weight loss. Recalculate your calorie goals then go at it again. Very little weight loss happens at the gym, most comes from your diet.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You answered in your first sentence-(Eating at maintenance), you lose by eating in a deficit.