Logging weigh-ins?

Options
Hey guys! Today is my first day back on MFP, and I just wanted to know when other people logged in their weigh-ins. I personally weigh myself everyday, but wasn't sure if I should log that on here every day or just once a week. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :#

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Log it whenever you wish. I would suggest doing so first thing in the morning without any clothes on after going to the bathroom.

I weigh myself daily, but only log once per week on Monday morning.
  • Doingitforme95
    Options
    Thanks! Those are great suggestions!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log my weight once every two weeks, on Monday.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and log it in Fitbit; Fitbit then syncs with MFP.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Personal Preference.
    I log daily after i wake up and gone to the bathroom. If there is a loss then i log and move on and if not then i don't log and move on.
  • Doingitforme95
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on a Wednesday morning usually - but I have a Withings Scale and it auto syncs my weight here whenever I step on it.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day several times...because I'm just that darn excited that the scale is almost 40 pounds lighter than when I started. But, I only log Monday (mainly..if life doesn't get in the way) evenings on the same scale at the gym where I first weighed when starting this journey. Yeah....late afternoon...lol.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and log it on the happy scale app, I only log it on MFP on wednesday's
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, "official" weigh ins are Friday's, but I only LOG when I see a drop.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday I only log once a week I keep my weight loss private to friends so it doesn't come up on my status only because when I did lose people were congratulating me! and to me a loss is not a good thing when I am trying to stop dropping!!
  • PotentiallyCrazy
    PotentiallyCrazy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I usually log every Tuesday, after I wake up & visit the bathroom. I'm holding myself to logging once a week, toward the beginning of the week for the sake of consistency, & I decided not to do it on Mondays because there's so much emphasis placed on Mondays as being the dreaded beginning of the week... lol.

I have been weighing myself more often than that though, because my weight has been steadily dropping & I get excited. I will weigh myself at least a couple other times throughout the week & take a guess at what my next "log in" weight will be :smiley:
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I log and weigh every day, because I'm a data geek and I like seeing the patterns and fluctuations. It also helps me deal with a gain with much more perspective, like, oh, okay, that's just one data point, it doesn't mean anything, the overall trend is still downward. I think if I were to wait to weigh in weekly or monthly, I'd build up all sorts of anticipation around the number, and get really discouraged if it went up.

I also log in a separate app, which has better trendline and moving average capabilities than MFP. It helps smooth out the fluctuations to see the actual trends. Would be nice if the data could sync to MFP, but since it doesn't, I'm just using both for now.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    I weigh Saturday mornings and I always log it. Sometimes if I have a gain and I think it's water weight from some high sodium days, I'll weigh again on Sunday or Monday, but I don't log it. I don't understand not logging if you didn't have a loss -- to me, it's all useful data that lets you know what your real maintenance level is (and hence what to calculate your deficit from), rather than the maintenance level predicted from a formula that cannot account for all the variations in activity levels, BMR, etc.
  • marisas80
    marisas80 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I do a 4 week bootcamp fitness program so I only weigh at the end of my 4 weeks, usually on that Friday. The day to day and even weekly fluctuations drove me crazy.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Weigh and log every day, once a day, same time.
  • stopdropandlose
    stopdropandlose Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I weigh in one every Friday, naked, after I use the bathroom. I peek at the scale a couple of times during the week, but only log Fridays.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Up, wee, weigh. Every day.
    I love the squiggly ups and downs on the graph as my weight fluctuates during the week. I don't worry unless it shows an upward trend for more than 2 weeks.
  • davidp2711
    davidp2711 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i have stuck to every sunday morning before breakfast
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I do it once a month. I find that it's more satisfying, and for me, it's less discouraging to watch the water and food yo yo your body does lol. But that's just me. Once a month I take a monthly photo and weigh in.