Weight loss plateau

Options
I have stopped loosing especially in winter. Could it be brown adipose tissue? I am measuring and logging accurately. I do circuit calisthenics workouts like insanity workouts or crossfit. Heart rate is 75-90 % of max. I have been plateaued for a while now since my origal loss of 40 lb. I have been so j k for 7 months . Please help?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    You probably just need to increase your calorie output and/or reduce your calorie intake.
    It's not brown fat.

• KayBallin
    KayBallin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    How long have you been cutting? When I stalled, I ate at maintenance for a week then went back to cutting. I felt better. My lifts were better, and I started losing again once I went back to a deficit.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I have been so j k for 7 months . Please help?

I'm sorry, what does this mean? Can you provide your stats and open your diary?
  • ssbmacdaddy
    ssbmacdaddy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to open my diary. How do I do that?
  • ssbmacdaddy
    ssbmacdaddy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am 2100 cal / day and 210 lb at 5ft 10in. Now just rating up to calorie yet usually not rating back excercise calories. I am not eating more then allowed I promise I am vigilant and compulsive on that point.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    my home>settings>diary settings
  • A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have stopped loosing especially in winter.

Just a shot in the dark about this, but a low vitamin D level can seriously impede weight loss for some people. Since you seem to notice it's worse in the winter...might want to have your vitamin D levels checked out. If you don't have health insurance you can order on line.

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/testing-for-vitamin-d/

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    At 2100 calories per day, you should be losing weight, though very slowly. Since you aren't, either decrease your calorie intake or increase your exercise.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I am 2100 cal / day and 210 lb at 5ft 10in. Now just rating up to calorie yet usually not rating back excercise calories. I am not eating more then allowed I promise I am vigilant and compulsive on that point.

do you vigilantly and compulsively weigh every food on a scale (eg not measure it in cups) and log it against the correct entries on MFP?