Ladies - Workout clothes?

Options

Replies

• loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ANYWAY, back to the original topic: Lulu, Nike, Under Armour, et al, is worth it for the quality. Just splurge and get it over with! On a budget, I like Old Navy for basic tops for cold run layering.

Oh, and for those who are worried about dropping weight and not fitting in their expensive gear anymore, good gear holds its value insanely well. There's a huge market for secondhand Lululemon.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    In the hot weather, I wear capris and a short sleeve t-shirt. In the cold weather, I wear yoga pants and a long sleeve t-shirt. Plus running shoes.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    "I get in, get sweaty, and get out"

Love this!
  • HewmonFemale
    HewmonFemale Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I like shopping at places like Marshall's and Ross for name brand items at a discount price. For stretch pants I like MPG and Kyodan. They wash well and last a long time. They're also thick so you can't see through them. For tops I like to wear basic old tank tops. Again, I purchase these at the stores named above or I venture to WallMart or Target. The only items I spend good money on are sports bras. With a larger bust a supportive underwire sport bra is a must.
  • AdelaideNat
    AdelaideNat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Cotton trackies & T-shirts for me...not a fan of spandex/nylon/polyester blends, I get really stinky in those :o
  • lisanhorowitz
    lisanhorowitz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My go to workout ensemble for years was a cut up cotton tee (the kind you get for free, the unisex ones) and reebok shorts. Champion shirts are also great. The champion brand is great because it's so inexpensive as compared to a nike or under armor. Now I buy nicer stuff to wear when I hit a goal. I say make the splurge if you deserve it.
  • dodgethepodge
    dodgethepodge Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Where are you based? I'm in the UK and find Sports Direct are great for bargain workout clothes! I have shorts and 3/4 leggins from them for £12-£15. Also... my most comfortable workout tops were from Primark this Summer! Suprising but wonderful!
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    http://www.12minuteathlete.com/290-rep-muscle-building-challenge-workout/

I kind of like her set up- I used to do a lot of these work outs- but WHY for the love all all things holy- why would you only do 290 reps. it should be 300. seriously.

Grumble- OCD rounding pet peeve.

I haven't even watched the video and the fact someone chose to do 290 instead of 300 upsets me. It's the OCD in me that makes me finish my sets, as I can't possibly round down... guess it has to have perks!

I really do get what you're saying about the whole makeup thing, as I say, it doesn't bother me, it just makes me laugh! Please recommend on where to get sweat proof makeup.. I'm at the point of wiping mine off before a workout to avoid the panda eye look!! Get what you're saying about people doing weights vs. cardio and the peeve of people thinking if you're not red faced a sweaty you're not working out, again - the handful of people I refer to really aren't working out... but that's their perogative as you say.

Although I would honestly love to see someone in full ball gown attire.. perhaps we should do a 'trash the dress' gym edition?! ;)
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I love Fabletics, and also Old Navy's athletic apparel has been great!
  • Rodderick89
    Options
    loratliff wrote: »
    ANYWAY, back to the original topic: Lulu, Nike, Under Armour, et al, is worth it for the quality. Just splurge and get it over with! On a budget, I like Old Navy for basic tops for cold run layering.

Oh, and for those who are worried about dropping weight and not fitting in their expensive gear anymore, good gear holds its value insanely well. There's a huge market for secondhand Lululemon.

I think my concern is being inbetween sizes at the moment, so things will get too big faster, as I tend to buy a size up, rather than squeeze into a size down. I think I'm just going to have to sweat it out in my crappy gym gear until I lose a few more inches then have a BIIIIIIG splurge on nice gear which as you say should last a while :)
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    steff274 wrote: »
    non of my workout stuff has been very expensive!! a teashirt or those vest tops are fine have got no boobs anyway and dont appreiciate the elasticated support in the boob area although I do have some like that.. leggings are cheap most of mine not over £20.. sainsburys are doing cheap workout stuff at the moment my leggings from there were £11 look good too funky colour although they are a smidge too big ;)

I love Sainsbury's for this reason! I know vanity sizing is a bit bad, but it's great to fit into a size smaller than I really am.

• Rodderick89
    Options
    My local Sainsburys has a really rubbish collection of leggings/bottoms - Being 5 ft 10 makes it hard to buy trackies that aren't ankle swingers but even their leggings came up pretty short :neutral_face: Definitely appreciate the vanity sizing though ;)
  • ashleyyburgoyne
    ashleyyburgoyne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a bralette bikini top and booty shorts while working out. It is comfortable but I have no specific store that I buy from. I keep searching for newer stores online.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    All over. I'm a workout fashionista - Sweaty Betty (very expensive, but gorgeous), Athleta (reasonable and will take back stuff that gets gunked up, even after a year), Zumba, runlikeagirl.com (fantastic skorts), LuLuLemon (not so fond of their colors), TJMaxx, Legz for Days (leggings online), Asics, Capezio
  • mumofzoe
    mumofzoe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I use knee length lycra legging from Asda ( £8 and they wash and tumble dry really well) t shirts from sports direct.
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I don't spend a lot on my workout clothes, the only two things I invest in are runners and sports bras.
    Most of my stuff is old soccer shorts and shirts, or cheap leggings and tanks from walmart or second hand stores.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i go to tj maxx, target and kohls.
    I've had cruddy experience with "cheap" stuff so i invest.

and shoes. I spend the money on the shoes because it's cheaper than a dr visit
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I tend to buy pricier stuff. I love workout gear and would wear it constantly for its comfort, how my body looks in it, and the fact that it wicks so well. Most of my outdoor gear is merino wool for its warmth, moisture and sweat wicking abilities, much of my indoor stuff is lululemon, Victoria's Secret, or brands from Mountain Equipment Coop. I buy probably 2-3 pieces a year and don't hesitate to get my mil to alter if I have shrunk out of things or I sell them on used sites and replace as needed.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    $4.99 sweatpants and the free t-shirt from the only 5K I ever ran (three years ago). I look like hell on a cracker and I don't care... almost nobody ever sees me at 6am anyway.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I like the tuff athletic pants from Costco, tops & pants from Walmart for low price & it's wick away.