Want to get rid of this belly fat and man boobs.

Options
Recently I reduced my hours at work and froze my gym membership so I could focus more on my education. I was eating lots of food to put on weight to turn that weight into muscle. I was aiming for 150 pounds to 160 pounds so I could transfer that into muscle mass. But instead I got a little bit chunky lol. I got this belly, and some man boobs. I want no man boobs or fat belly. Should I reduce my fat intake / protein intake. Or should I simply reduce my calorie intake? I don't eat a lot of food. But rather non healthy food.

Today I had a bagel for breakfast. Couple handfuls of popcorn as a snack, a hot dog, Mc Chicken, and a Mc Double hamburger from Mc Donalds for lunch. Then two servings of spaghetti with Italian sausage and corn for dinner. And three Blue Moon beers, I did not exercise much basically walked to the store for hot dog and then back to couch and homework.

Replies

• ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Can't turn fat to muscle so your best bet is a cal deficit till you are ready to bulk properly. You know while lifting heavy things and putting them down....
  • Alienboy15
    Options
    I was on this nutrition guideline to gain weight. Originally I weighed about 130 and then jumped up to 160 by eating lots of protein. This was during summer time when I would go to the gym 4 days a week and do lifting like dead weights, squats, over head press, etc..
    But then I quit keeping track of all my food and focused on school and froze my membership and have not been back on track since then. This is what my nutrition was like.

Calories: 2485
    Protein: 150 grams
    Cabs: 369 grams
    Fats: 46 grams
    Fiber 30 grams
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you eat in a surplus without doing any exercise you're just going to get fat, hence the man boobs.
  • weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    if you eat in a surplus without doing any exercise you're just going to get fat, hence the man boobs.
    This, you can't expect to be fit if you not eating healthily.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    To not gain weight, you should be eating around 1,900 calories per day. To lose weight, you'll need to reduce your calorie intake below that or increase your exercise. If you haven't been tracking your calories, it is likely that you have been eating even more than you were before.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    so you're eating loads without weight training? how is that going to help?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat at a caloric deficit to lose weight. Strength train to tighten up and help retain the muscle mass while losing.