how much coffee a day do you drink?

Options
started drinking coffee for the first time this week! can't believe I shunned coffee for so many years!!!!!!
I've been having a 12oz mug of market pantry's peppermint flavored ground coffee with 2tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk the past few days and it's now something I look forward to each day :)
basically, just a thread stemmed from my curiosity
(also, any flavor/brand suggestions?!)

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Too much? I usually brew a little 4-cup pot (just for me) and drink it throughout the morning, then brew a single-serve mug in the afternoon after lunch. I tried cutting back and having tea in-between, but sometimes I just want coffee. I switched to 1/2-caff because I thought full-strength was probably not doing me much good, I was having a lot of headaches.

I like HEB brand Cafe-Ole Texas Pecan and Java Beans and Joe Cocoa Spice. I get tired of the same thing everyday and mix it up. Sometimes I like heavy cream, sometimes frothed soymilk. Target has some good sugar-free syrups (like cinnamon, almond, and Pumpkin spice) and Torani's sugar-free hazelnut is yummy.

When I have extra calories to spare, I enjoy whipped cream or bullet-proof coffee(coconut oil and butter).
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    None. I can't stand the taste; however, I do love the way it smells. :D
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Generally most I will have in a day is 2, occasionally 3 and sometimes one and some days even...None. Depends on how I'm feeling really! In terms of brands...Every person's tastes are different so feel free to explore, we have a few brands in the house...If I have to hurry out the door or as part of my pre-race breakfast (I don't really change anything for races, I know a bit boring but it's my trusted foods!) We have Maxwell House instant that ranges from mild to bold/dark, depends on what's on-sale. Only coffee my sister likes really, that stuff I drink black. We got a Keurig a few months ago which we occasionally use, Gevalia Kaffe or Newmann's Own are pretty good for single-serve varieties. Mellita I've found to be quite smooth and Nescafe Taster's choice is pretty aromatic. I drink mine black unless Mom makes coffee as she usually makes me one but she adds coffeemate to it because drinking it black kind of freaks her out?
  • charlieibeling
    charlieibeling Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    lots. 2-3 16oz cups worth a day . great stuff
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    A ton. I'm not picky as fat as brands. As long as it has caffeine and some creamer other than milk I'm good!
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Probably about 20oz per day give or take. Although I rarely drink coffee in the afternoon anymore, as it messes with my sleep. But no coffee in the morning= not an option. I take it with just one milk or if I'm at home almond milk.
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee whenever I want it. Usually that is one or two cups in the morning. I may have another cup in the afternoon or I drink a lovely spice tea. My current favorite flavor of creamer is International Peppermint Mocha. I can't find anyone selling the sugar-free one here, so I'm trying to stick with my International Hazelnut sugar-free. I do love coconut flavor or vanilla cinnamon.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    A cup or two. Sometimes I'll have an afternoon cup just to curb a rare nicotine craving. (ex-smoker)
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    All the coffee (1-2 pots a day)…I am definitely a coffee addict! Coffee is my go-to when I get snackie. I have tons of different sugar free creamers and flavored roasts so I can curve a sweet tooth when I need it!
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I used to never drink it but now I love it! It helps keep me awake in the afternoon when I usually get sleepy! It helps me not go crazy on sugar filled food in the afternoons. I make a pot at home and make 2 blender bottles of it with sugar free Torani caramel syrup and milk. I keep the afternoon coffee in the fridge at work and it is a perfect cold drink for later :)
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    4 cups most days. 6 cups every once in awhile. I also drink 3 liters or water a day, and 4.5 liters of water on exercise days.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    As much as I can !!!!!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    2-3 8 ounce cups a day sometimes more, sometimes less.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I have 2 in the morning, one while getting ready for work, 1 when I get to work. Then another in the afternoon. Sometimes I'll have 4 a day, but usually 3.
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Too much (I am trying to cut down due to acid reflux). Two cups in the morning, plus small cups in mid morning, lunch, mid afternoon. I like it mild, one of my favorites is New Mexico Pinon coffee (sold at Trader Joes if you have one near you). I also like flavored - just picked up a bag of cappuccino flavored coffee at Gloria Jean's. It's sort of mild and cinnamon-y.

Try coffee samples at stores, see what you might like. Maybe pick up a variety pack somewhere.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    One mug with a teaspoon of sugar and a splash of milk. On a bad day I might have two mugs.
  • MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    During the week, I will drink two mugs. Black, no sugar. Straight out of the pot, which they keep freshly brewed at work. On weekends, I may have one mug from my Keurig. More often than not, though, I don't have any on Saturday and Sundays.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    One 20oz travel mug on the commute in to work. Another when I arrive at work.

Edit: On the weekend, 1 big mug.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    None. I can't stand the taste; however, I do love the way it smells. :D

This!