how much coffee a day do you drink?

Options

Replies

• Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I might as well hook up an IV directly to my vein!
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I will only drink a latte two days a week and they have to be separated by atleast one day. I tried drinking it everyday and it gave me a migraine like I knew it would.

Would drink it everyday if I could I think. But then regular coffee makes me tired so I cant drink a full cup of regular coffee anyway. The espresso in the latte doesn't seem to make me too tired so I tolerate that ironically enough.

Love the sugar free syrups and sugar free flavored creamers- peppermint, egg nog, pumpkin spice
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Ah, I'm anti coffee, so ZERO. Don't care for the taste or smell. I'm sure it's psychological because as a child, I pulled a perkalator off the counter and had hot coffee douse me from head to toe.
    Now my DW, she has at least 3 cups of coffee a day. Keurig is her friend.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I'm in advertising, and the joke in the agency world is that if you want to get rid of the ads, just get rid of the coffee.

I started drinking coffee when I was a college student. Back then, I drank those full-fat, sugary flavoured lattes and whatnot. Once I started working full time, I switched to brewed coffee but I used to add lots of cream and sugar.

These days I have a bit of lowfat milk in my morning coffee. Cut out the sugar years ago and wouldn't go back. I like a rich brewed espresso, but pretty much any black coffee will do.

Anyway, I drink one cup in the morning and have done my best to cut the rest out. Not because it's bad, but because my daily cup gives me enough caffeine to get me going, but more than that makes me jittery and on edge. So I don't drink a lot of it, but I am addicted in the sense that I go through serious withdrawal symptoms and headaches if I don't have coffee for a few days.
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a creature of habit. I have 1 20oz on the way to work and another 20 oz once I get to work. I normally only drink drip coffee, not the fufu stuff with splenda. It's also great for an afternoon treat every now and then when I get a sweet tooth.

On occasion, 2x a month, I will get a latte from Starbucks or local shop, but too many calories and $$$.

The only time I deviate during the week, is if I ride my motorcycle to work, I will avoid the travel mug on the way to work, just cause I don't want to spill :).
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    about three mugs, big mugs though I brew it up to the 8 cup mark just for me,sometimes 10. Also, I think it's funny the people that don't drink it even opened this thread to answer a question that doesn't apply.....
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    About a cup in total. Coffee was one of the big reasons I became overweight in the first place - I would 5-6 cups full of lots of sugar and the fancy creamer. So I limit myself to half a cup in the morning and half a cup around lunch (minus the fancy creamer and with much less sugar).
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Once in a blue moon. It doesn't keep me awake no matter how much I drink and sometimes it gives me diarrhea. I do like Starbucks holiday coffees though so I'll have a pumpkin spice latte or peppermint mocha maybe once or twice during the season.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Oh probably way too much. At least 2 cups on my morning commute, then another 2-4 cups while at work. Almond milk, no sugar. Not terribly picky about brand but I prefer whole bean, then grind it myself. Every once in a while I treat myself to one of those fancy gingerbread lattes, half sweet, nonfat or almond milk.
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Usually half regular half decaf. About 48 ounces through the morning.
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    When I am at work, I drink 1-2 cups a day, with one creamer in each one. Never after lunch though. On the weekends I might have one cup a day, sometimes none. I think it's a work thing - everybody here drinks coffee or tea during the day.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    3-4 pots a day is the normal. Typically I drink it black once in awhile I add in a flavored Bailey's creamer.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Probably 24-32 ounces per day. Full strength. I tend to keep the calories to a minimum using sugar and fat free flavored creamers, and not a lot of them. Or I add a scoop of flavored protein powder with a little fat free creamer, so a protein rich coffee. I know this is more than I should be drinking, but I love the stuff.
  • WildOkapi
    Options
    I have a low tolerance for caffeine, so I've never drank coffee except once or twice in my life.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I gave up coffee to get in shape. I can't drink it without a ton of heavy cream. Well, I say 'ton', but it was only about 2 tbsp per cup. Unfortunately, I was drinking about 5-8 cups of coffee a day, and, at 100 calories per serving, that adds up. So, I switched to plain tea, but I plan to drink coffee again (in moderation) once I get close to maintenance.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Zero - Love the smell.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    4 or 5 cups a day, but decaf (caffeine gives me heart palpitations), and just with 2 sweeteners.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    2 to 4 cups per day plus I usually throw some instant espresso powder into my shakes
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day. Work days I will drink 1-2 coffee cups (My mug holds about 2 cups). On Sundays my love and I french press two or three times a day soo, about 3 cups on that day.

I used to drink anywhere from 5 to 10 cups a day. Then the heart papiltations got worse and I quit Starbucks. lol
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    about 24 oz's or more with a bit of 1/2 & 1/2. good for your LIVER!!!!