Thanksgiving- Are you counting calories or macros?

Just wondering, on thanksgiving are you counting macros or calories?

Replies

• rubbersoul84
    rubbersoul84 Posts: 23 Member
    I'm not going to count anything on Thanksgiving. I'm going to fill my plate with lots of healthy options and a few not so healthy ones. I will eat some candied yams and a small piece of pie. One special day is not going to derail me and I'll do some monster cardio on Friday!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Yup just because I wanna see the final number :) I am hoping for over 6000 :)
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    I plan on logging everything. I'll definitely have my food scale handy Thursday! Mostly out of curiosity, but also because I am going home to see my family for Christmas and I have a goal weight I want to be at by the time I get home
  • sdavies1984
    sdavies1984 Posts: 18 Member
    Yeah, I am going to. I might go over a little bit.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    randomtai wrote: »
    Yup just because I wanna see the final number :) I am hoping for over 6000 :)

I like the way you think!
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    small portions. small portions. small portions. small portions. ..... Oh im not telling you guys; I'm telling myself.
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member

What I was thinking about is counting some calories and some macros. I think I will count macros for fat and carbs, and calories for everything else. That way I should be able to stay within my calorie goal pretty easily for thanksgiving. a win-win.

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member

I had my Thanksgiving meal yesterday & didn't give a crap how many calories I ate. Had around five pieces of ham, six pieces of dessert, tons of stuffing, & some other foods. Thursday I have to work so I am planning on eating a pint of Talenti Pumpkin Pie to celebrate the holday.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    This week is week 2 of maintenance for me.
    Hoping to stay within my weekly calories by saving some calories each day to put towards Thanksgiving - Sunday.
    - Also plan on logging some cardio as well.
    Holidays have always been my undoing so I don't want to screw it up my 2nd week in maintenance. lol.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Neither.

I'll probably eat half a green bean casserole, eat most of a pumpkin cheesecake, and wash it down with a few bottles of wine... but it's only once a year and I love every minute of it.

Barring a snowstorm in this area of the country on Thanksgiving morning, I will be running a turkey trot race outside. If it snows, I'll cart my butt to the gym and do some form of cardio in the morning before my cheesecake fest begins.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Definitely counting calories on Thanksgiving. I've already been through three birthdays and two Thanksgiving meals this month, so I've been super careful. Christmas will probably be more relaxed for me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I won't be home and probably won't be able to log as I go, but I'll try to remember and log it in the evening probably. I still wear Invisalign though so it will prevent a lot of mindless eating during the day, thankfully, as I have to take them on and off when eating (and it's a bit awkward when I'm around people).
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Lazz5k wrote: »
    small portions. small portions. small portions. small portions. ..... Oh im not telling you guys; I'm telling myself.

Hahaha, you're not just preaching to yourself!!

I'll definitely attempt to log to see how much I can eat! No restrictions, however, on Thanksgiving! I can handle one day!

• check1972
    check1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Not counting all week. I need to see how well I can do on my own and figure no better time than a week of travel / holiday.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    I'll be counting and compiling the recipes in the recipe builder, but only out of curiosity. I'll eat what I want, but in moderation. I'll only be having 2 drinks max (any more and I end up with a hangover now I've lost the flab), small dessert (this year, we're all going out for dinner Tuesday to a restaurant which makes the best desserts and we're each choosing one piece of dessert for Thanksgiving - as the chef, I refuse to make pumpkin pie, which I find revolting and a waste of effort making the pastry and waste of my roasted pumpkin puree, although I have a recipe for a Thai pumpkin custard which I might try sometime), stuffing, roast potatoes, gravy, roast parsnips, brussel sprouts, cranberry relish, roast turkey, pinot noir, braised red cabbage. I've already prepped some of it.

Breakfast will be half an almond croissant, an egg, fruit and yogurt. I've pre-logged some specific meals over the holiday already.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    I am counting both… although, I am not worried if I go over (because I know I will).
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    I was not going to, but I think I am now only out of curiosity.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited November 2014
    yes- mostly because I'd like to see 4K on there. I'll feel disappointed in myself if it's anything less than 2 or 3,000.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    It's not Thanksgiving here in Canada, but my sister-in-law is American, so they do two Thanksgiving dinners every year. Thursday is the day of my oldest nephew's birthday party. Since I have to go straight there after work to be there in time for the party, she is saving me a plate from their dinner. I'm not going to worry about calories for that day, I'm just going to worry about saving room for it!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    i like to estimate and log as best i can. i don't try to eat within my calories though, because i already know it's not happening. last year i think i was around 4600.