Thanksgiving: log or not to log

Options
bunnyr
bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
So, how many people are actually going to try to log calories for Thanksgiving day and how many are just going to say "tomorrows another day"? :smile: I think that I am going to let this be a day off. Didn't Banks say that eating freely one day is a way to get over a slump?
Happy Thanksgiving everyone :drinker:
Bunny

Replies

• bunnyr
    Options
    So, how many people are actually going to try to log calories for Thanksgiving day and how many are just going to say "tomorrows another day"? :smile: I think that I am going to let this be a day off. Didn't Banks say that eating freely one day is a way to get over a slump?
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone :drinker:
    Bunny
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving! Althought we don't celebrate it over here, it's nice to say it. :smile:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I'm logging but I'm not intending to blow a day on Thanksgiving food. We're having Turkey (which is a great low-calorie food!), squash, bell peppers, carrots, and crescent rolls (that's my one splurge but will be sans butter). I do have a "free day" once a week now but I'll save that for Chinese food tomorrow--fried dumplings and egg rolls!! :tongue:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I logged what I plan to eat so I can think about portions while i'm dishing up! if I eat a few extra cookies i'm not gonna kick myself, though. :drinker:
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone has a VERY HAPPY HANKSGIVING!! and I will not be worrying about calories today. I am hoping my new healthier habits and smaller stomach capacity will steer me clear of the things that are too bad and fill up before I over do it!! As far as everyone is concerned... tomorrow is another day and we can all be strict, strict, strict until Christmas. Enjoy your families and friends, we all have SOOOO much to be thankful for. God Bless, be safe and see you all tomorrow!!!!
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm probably not going to log, but I am going to eat an extra serving of meat and veggies, rather than mashed potatoes (which is certainly what I did every other year...mmmm....potatoes!)
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    I have a calorie allowance (generous but not ridiculous) and will stay within that. I have added up the calories of what I'm eating ahead of time so there are no surprises.

Happy happy Thanksgiving. May your list of blessings ever be increasing.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I've logged most everything I could think of that I'll be eating later, and also did extra exercising to help make up for it. I'm sure I'll end up having a few things that I never even thought of, but hey, it's a holiday, and I'm going to enjoy myself! Then tomorrow, I'll get right back on track. That's my absolute favorite thing that MFP gave me, the feeling of being in total control!
    Happy Thankgsiving everyone!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm going to. Maybe here and there.

Honestly, allowing myself a day here and there to relax has helped me to stay on this journey and not stress and get to the point I have. I am confident that I can do my thing and get back on track. I am not going to gorge myself but not going to watch every little thing either.

Tomorrow........I am back to my 1400 cals! :wink:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving all....
    i will/have logged what i will eat. i feel guilty if i don't. beside DH just me a new outfit to wear and i want to fit into it and look nice.:happy:
    i workouted out to give me a few extra. i will have leltovers for more days to come, so why overeat when i can enjoy it for the weekend also.
    have a great day.
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you asked this question. I found out that I don't have computer access to log my calories on MFP where we are spending Thanksgiving. I have my handheld that I can post with, but I tried to log, and that just didn't work. I was concerned until I read the replies to your question. Now I feel much better. I will relax, enjoy, and try to practice moderation. I will get my exercise in this morning. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!!
  • teacheratkins24
    teacheratkins24 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on logging today. Today is the first Holiday that my family will be celebrating since my father was killed in August. I have a feeling that I will have no desire to eat today anyway, so I'm not to worried about it. Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers today. We had to ask my uncle if he would say the blessing this year, cause daddy always did:brokenheart: .....Lord give me strength today....

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.....
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    I'm not logging today. I'm enjoying the great food though. Yummy! Tomorrow, back to the 1294 calories.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

I'm thankful for MFP and all of you!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'm not logging today, just going to enjoy the day. I will work out this morning so I have as many calories as possible to work with, but other than that I am going to enjoy my day.

But I was happy to see that I stayed the same weight for weigh in this morning. I haven't work out all week and there have been a few days that I have gone over, so I was really scared I would gain. Here's hoping for a loss next week.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I'm not logging, because I have no clue how my family is making their dishes. (we do pot luck style). So I am working out in the morning, eating a super duper light breakfast, and just going to watch my portions. But I plan on eating a little of everything.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I am counting it as a cheat meal but i will be having soup before that way I wont eat as much
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I logged the food I plan to eat last night. If I eat a little more that's ok but I'm going to try to stick with the logged food. I didn't leave anything out so I should be covered. Plus I ran/walked for an hour this morning and burned 625 calories so I should be ok.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!:smile:
  • bunnyr
    Options
    I don't plan on logging today. Today is the first Holiday that my family will be celebrating since my father was killed in August. I have a feeling that I will have no desire to eat today anyway, so I'm not to worried about it. Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers today. We had to ask my uncle if he would say the blessing this year, cause daddy always did:brokenheart: .....Lord give me strength today....

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.....

God Bless you and your family today! "The Lord is close to the Brokenhearted" Psalm 34: 18. God is our strength and refuge, a very present help in trouble" Psalm 45. I remember the first holidays without my Dad, and my heart goes out to you!
    Bunny
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    to log or not to log.....that is the question:flowerforyou:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I wasn't planning to log, but now that the day is here, I am making healthy choices and logging what I've had so far...I won't be able to log the stuffing or the apple pie that we have (Mom's special recipe) but I am going to log everything else so I have a ballpark idea of how many calories I'm actually eating. I'm not depriving myself...if I want a second (or third!) helping of stuffing...I'll have it...it's the only thing I'm really looking forward to and I don't have it every day...everything else we have will be healthy, so while I am logging to get a general idea, I am not going to stress out about it...