Cross Fit

Options
I just started doing Cross fit and have no clue how to log the calorie burn. help please

Replies

• Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    hey kats - there's a crossfit group! they have suggestions and help for this.

my rule of thumb is figure out how long the metcon part is and enter that as circuit training. use the other parts as "light calisthenics". I try to understate the amount expended. YMMV. I have not a clue how to log weights, so I just don't log strength training. again, YMMV and goals will determine how precise you would like to be!

good luck and have fun
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    thanks. I'll look for the group
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Track the warm up and stretching as such, the metcon is circuit training, any strength work done separately would be strength training in the cardiovascular database.

400 calories in a 60 minute workout is probably pretty typical. Obviously more if its a lengthy intense metcon, possibly less if it's more strength focused. And you probably won't burn more during a CrossFit workout than you would spending the equivalent amount of time running.

A lot of people will suggest that they burn 700+ cals in an hour of CrossFit based off of their heart rate monitors, failing to realize that HRM's are useless for anything other than steady state cardio.
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    excellent. thanks everyone.