5'7 women

Options
124»

Replies

• thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5", just shy of 5'8", right now I'm 134 pounds and defs rocking "skinny-fat" as of late. I look thinner than normal because I am only eating 1200-1400 cals a day without exercise other than walking to the bus and around campus (I try to do 100 squats a day before showering), but all my nice toned muscles have shrunk (my thighs are way slimmer than normal) but I'm kind of squishy in the abs region now. Normally I weigh about the same but work out about 4x weekly, and walk everywhere and look fabulous and toned. I work part-time, volunteer, and like you I am a full time student in the 2nd to last semester of my degree so working out went out the window when 30 page thesis papers became a regular occurrence this September.
    My goal weight is 125 with good muscle tone.
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and know I would look like skin and bones if I weighed 130 but then when I see how young you are, depending on your build, I guess 120 could work. As you age you will find that the same weight just doesn't work for you any more. Hate to spring that on you at such a young tender age. ;) If you work out that much, you must be in terrific shape so if the last pounds won't come off, try to be happy with your body and don't worry about a number. I do wish you luck and keep up the great work.
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    i am 5'7"; target weight 129lbs... that's 35lbs to go... *fingers and toes crossed*
  • ducati45
    ducati45 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm not too fussed on weight, anything under what I started at is good. But I have lost an inch on my waist so far and that's want I want! when I was shorter I was around 125 and comfortable with that but said I looked too thin. I just wanna be hot and fit back in my jeans. My weight fluctuates so much, with water and hormonal changes, like absolutely crazy near unbelievable if you haven't see it yourself. I would like to get smaller waist and hips, boobs too but that is not going to happen, judging by my *kitten* genetics.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7", starting weight was 150lbs (baby weight), went down to 121lbs (which was too tiny for me since I lost my curves and bum).. now I am gaining and am up at 125lbs. I don't have a goal weight, but I have a goal physique. OP, do you do any sort of weight training? I incorporated lifting into my workout routine and the results were amazing, I highly recommend.
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 too. When I was a teen to early 20s woman, I weighed around 120-125. I was happy with my size. I have a small frame. However, I was definitely "skinny fat". No muscles. Over the years, my metabolism changed, I lost muscle mass and gained fat. I was very unhappy with the way I looked, and became more and more dissatisfied with my level of fitness and strength too. Now I'm 47, and working with a trainer to become, for the first time in my life really, strong and fit. I'm hoping to be a size 8 again, but more importantly, I'm hoping to have strength, endurance, and fitness. I want to have some muscle definition. I lift weights 3-4 times a week, and do cardio 5-6 times a week. I eat at a deficit, and work to get 100g of protein every day (I still don't reach that most days, but I'm working on changing my eating habits, and I usually get 80g or more). I have already improved my strength and endurance. My body fat percentage has dropped from 39% the beginning of July to 27.5% now. (I weigh 135.8 now.) I've lost inches everywhere. I'm stronger and fitter. My initial goal weight was 130, but it's really more about body fat % for me. I'd like to be no more than 20%. Once I get to 130 or less, and body fat 20% or less, I'll reevaluate.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 130 pounds. I'm at my goal weight and have been maintaining here for over 3 years. If I got down to 120 (which I don't think I've ever been since puberty kicked in and I grew boobs) I personally would look pretty sickly, so I've chosen to focus more on body composition (through weight training) rather than weight at this point.

I agree that's it's all about how you carry your weight, though. 120 is at the very low end of the healthy weight range for this height, but I have known others my height who look good at that weight. Good luck, OP! :)
  • whitewolf1200
    whitewolf1200 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    140 for me
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are at a perfect weight. You don't need to lose weight as such. But maybe eat at maintenance, and lift some heavy weights?? Lose a bit of body fat & build some muscles? Just my opinion.

Im 5ft 8.5 and currently around 147lbs - But I am concentrating on how much fat is on my body, not the number on the scales at the minute. I do so much better when I don't weigh myself. All about how you feel & look :wink:
  • flabby2fit2018
    flabby2fit2018 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6,

SW - 236
    CW - I have no idea!! Havent weighed in, in a month.... tomorrow is my 1 month so I will be weighing
    GW - 136

PS. Feel free to add me anyone :) looking to get a good support network/group to help me (and others) reach these goals
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I consider myself 5'7 (due to a short leg making my actual height shorter). I'm in maintenance, trying to maintain around 145. I couldn't imagine going down to 120-130 as I'm already a size S-M in shirts, 4-8 in pants. Maybe you should focus on fitness rather than the number on the scale.