How do you get your water in

Options

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I chug it. Half or so of a room-temp 20oz bottle at once.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I chug it. Half or so of a room-temp 20oz bottle at once.

Although I don't necessarily condone chugging it, I do find that's it is super easy to "down" a 16 oz bottle of room temperature water. There's just something about it.

• TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I start the day with a 16.9 ounce (500ml) bottle and refill it throughout the day. To keep myself on track, every time I finish a bottle and refill it I put a 1 on the cap with permanent marker. I know if I put at least 4 marks on the cap I am getting more than enough water. Try using a water enhancer like Mio or Crystal Light for some flavor, or put lemon or mint in your water.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Lol. Thanks yall. I know how to drink water haha . I hate warm water and with the cold i def cant enjoy a nice glass of ice water anymore. Im going to start making unsweetened natural tea :) and carry around a huge bottle ") thanks guys

You're ~98.6F. Why would the outside temperature affect whether or not you can consume ice water??

Now I'm rethinking my planned bowl of ice cream later tonight...because it's 39 outside.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Because of my surgery I can no longer drink at meals, and I can't chug it down any more. I am asked to track my water and drink enough during the day. That means if I'm not eating, I have a water bottle near me. If I go out, there's a bottle in my bag. I sip all day. I change it up with Mio or a spritz of lemon juice. Now that it is colder out I start my morning with a Chai or other tea.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    I get most of my water in the form of coffee and beer...
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have a 32 oz bottle that I refill. I wrote on it with a Sharpie 12p/4p/10p as a reminder to try to finish the bottle by those times each day. That's 96 oz of water in addition to whatever else I drink and what's in my food.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I prefer water cold but don't bother with ice. I have a pitcher of water in the refrigerator.
    I drink water with all my meals. I drink water whenever I am thirsty at other times. I usually refill the pitcher of water at least once during the day because I have emptied it.
    I have added a drop of lime juice to water before. I like water plain but that was nice too.
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I love tea, but man, the water – I'd echo what others have already said. I established a habit. I set a goal and aimed to reach it each day, and now it is a habit. It helps that I have a desk job so I just keep a glass of water at my desk all day, every day, and I try to refill it 3 times while at work. In addition, I have at least one large mug of tea. It's just something I do now. :) Good luck!
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Seltzer water .... Crystal Light packets.... the carbonated water at Wal-Mart.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    I have a 32oz water bottle. I drink 4 of these per day on average. This doesn't count the 14-40oz of coffee I drink daily, or hot tea or the occasional diet soda.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I drink water when I'm hiking, but normally do not drink much or any water. Yes, I've gone days and probably weeks without drinking water. I'll drink diet soda (no calories, and your body does use the water regardless of what you heard) and get some water from the food I eat.

And no kidney stones or gout yet?
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I keep a 750mL bottle filled up by my desk at work and will easily go through it 4-5 times just during my work shift sip by sip. Also drink a huge glass of water upon waking up.

Yea, I pee all the time. It's the one downside to this. Also, now I can't go more than an hour without drinking some water, I get thristy as hell and my lips chap and crackle :/
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I drink a 16 oz bottle before I leave the house for work. I keep a 32 oz bottle at my desk that I finish before lunch. I refill it and drink it again during my workout at lunch. I refill it again and sip after lunch before I leave work. I usually have 11-13 cups of water before I leave work. On the days I strength train in the evenings I drink at least 16 oz more. I also usually have a 16 oz bottle sitting next to me in the evenings. Since my routine is not as structured on the weekends, it's a bit harder, but I still make sure I get at least 64 oz a day in.

ETA: I hate the taste of coffee and tea just makes have to use the restroom more frequently so I keep it to a minimum. Also, now that it's a habit, when I'm thirsty I crave water - it's the only thing that really quenches it anymore.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I drink water when I'm hiking, but normally do not drink much or any water. Yes, I've gone days and probably weeks without drinking water. I'll drink diet soda (no calories, and your body does use the water regardless of what you heard) and get some water from the food I eat.

I've had 2 small kidney stones, and the last was about 4 years ago. No gout.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Just drink it, force yourself.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have decaf coffee and skim milk at breakfast. Two cups of water between breakfast and lunch. A bottle of flavored water with lunch. Two cups of water in the afternoon. Decaf tea after dinner. Some more water. Try flavoring your water with the liquid water enhancers. The Mio decaf is good.
  • kimault1984
    kimault1984 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I used to HATE water, but now it's pretty much all I drink. It helps if you add some frozen strawberries, blueberries, raspberries etc. (frozen works better than fresh) This was the only way I could drink it at first, now I get by with just a lemon wedge :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

so far. Seriously. Yowsa.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

so far. Seriously. Yowsa.

Kidney stones are an inconvenience and a pain for a few hours. I am far more concerned about the multiple other life-long health issues I have that are caused by genetics and a genetic mutation.