I love McDonald's!

Options
Rebeccabecca1985
Rebeccabecca1985 Posts: 16
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone- So I need to lose 100 pounds. I am 242lbs... seriously overweight. I have a major problem with fast food- specifically McDonald's. Some would call it Binge eating. I hide what I am eating,and sneak around about it. Does anyone else have a "obsession" like me? How do you deal with it?

*I made a Youtube video about my McDonald's obsession. youtu.be/ebNrLr5ogNk

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I love McDonald's french fries. And basically anything else that is high in fat and sugar :)

I deal with it by taking an "off" day after my weigh-in on Saturday mornings. So I weigh in that day, then let myself have a cheat meal, as long as I work out that day and get right back at it the next day. That takes the pressure off during the week, because if I am craving something, I know I can have it that Saturday. That may not work for everyone, but it helps to save my sanity.
  • Rebeccabecca1985
    Options
    I love McDonald's french fries. And basically anything else that is high in fat and sugar :)

I deal with it by taking an "off" day after my weigh-in on Saturday mornings. So I weigh in that day, then let myself have a cheat meal, as long as I work out that day and get right back at it the next day. That takes the pressure off during the week, because if I am craving something, I know I can have it that Saturday. That may not work for everyone, but it helps to save my sanity.

Thanks, I don't know if a cheat day would work for me (it would turn into cheat years) BUT I am happy that it does the trick for you! We can do this!!
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Choose better options.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds is okay. I used to have it everyday. But it's not really a great burger. So wasting the calories for a subpar burger isn't a good way to parse your calories. Eat better and save the big cheat meal for an occasional treat.
  • Rebeccabecca1985
    Options
    Mcdonalds is okay. I used to have it everyday. But it's not really a great burger. So wasting the calories for a subpar burger isn't a good way to parse your calories. Eat better and save the big cheat meal for an occasional treat.

You have a great point. The burgers really are not that great. I like that idea of saving it for a great meal. Thanks!
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    The biggest problem with most healthy nutrition plans is that folks focus on what they have to give up, or what they can't have vs. what they can have. If you're eating in a deficit just keep eating the McD's. If not, you have to give it up and get past the addiction. Once you do you'd look at that kind of food in a totally different way, I mean nasty and gross. The other thing people don't mention is that cravings and addiction has nothing to do with feeling hungry. But at least if you're filling up on healthier options e.g., lean protein, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, berries, healthy fats... you won't feel hungry. Might be easier to beat the cravings for McNasty's! :)
  • Rebeccabecca1985
    Options
    The biggest problem with most healthy nutrition plans is that folks focus on what they have to give up, or what they can't have vs. what they can have. If you're eating in a deficit just keep eating the McD's. If not, you have to give it up and get past the addiction. Once you do you'd look at that kind of food in a totally different way, I mean nasty and gross. The other thing people don't mention is that cravings and addiction has nothing to do with feeling hungry. But at least if you're filling up on healthier options e.g., lean protein, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, berries, healthy fats... you won't feel hungry. Might be easier to beat the cravings for McNasty's! :)

I laugh that you call it Mc'Nasty. That really will STICK with me when I pass one by.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

Really? Based off your OP I'd have guessed you loved spam.
  • schelly81
    schelly81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love Mcdonald's too. I have loved it my entire life. I still eat it once a week or so. I have a burger and a diet pop and I usually skip the fries. I fit it into my macros and calories.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    To be fair to McDonalds.... I lost 80lbs eating McDonalds 3-5 times per week. So by MFP Forum lack of logic, McDonalds causes weightloss...
  • Rebeccabecca1985
    Options
    You lost weight eating it?
  • Hornsby
    Options

Yes?

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

NVM. OP was asking someone else. :#
  • Rebeccabecca1985
    Options
    I just never heard anyone say that- I wasn't sure if that's what you meant. I know that probably wouldn't work for me...but I guess it might depend on what you are eating there.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    I'm confused....
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I try to fit it into my daily calories. Big Mac, fries, regular Coke. I don't avoid food. Food is good (not evil), and no matter what people say, I still find it yummy. :)
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone- So I need to lose 100 pounds. I am 27, 5'3, 242lbs... and seriously overweight. I have a major problem with fast food- specifically McDonald's. Some would call it Binge eating. Does anyone else have a "obsession" like me? How do you deal with it?

*I make Youtube videos about my weight loss every week, If your interested(Copy & Paste) http://youtu.be/ebNrLr5ogNk

I'm not a fan of mcds I think its gross but to each his own. I'll say this...if there's something tiy really like, try making it yourself at home. You can control or adjust the oils, etc to what you need to fit your calorie budget, it will be cheaper and probably taste better! Being about 90 mins from mexico, I enjoy chilaquiles and hurvos ranchero . Easily made at home with less fat and cals
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I just never heard anyone say that- I wasn't sure if that's what you meant. I know that probably wouldn't work for me...but I guess it might depend on what you are eating there.

Then the science teacher who lost weight eating a diet solely from McD's is really going to blow your mind! http://www.forbes.com/sites/rosspomeroy/2014/01/07/super-size-me-science-teacher-loses-37-lbs-eating-at-mcdonalds/

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is driven by calorie deficit. Paying attention to macro and micro nutrients will help you feel more satisfied, and result in better body composition and health. You can eat a deficit and even hit your macro and micro nutrient goals while still eating at McDonalds (or any fast food place). You probably can't if you eat 2 Big Macs and an XL fry and coke every day however. But an occasional burger, or the salads, or grilled chicken, accompanied by whole nutrient dense foods at other meals, and you'll be fine.
  • Hornsby
    Options

Then the science teacher who lost weight eating a diet solely from McD's is really going to blow your mind! http://www.forbes.com/sites/rosspomeroy/2014/01/07/super-size-me-science-teacher-loses-37-lbs-eating-at-mcdonalds/

Pretty good macro splits as well ^^^