I love McDonald's!

Options

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I just never heard anyone say that- I wasn't sure if that's what you meant. I know that probably wouldn't work for me...but I guess it might depend on what you are eating there.

It probably depends more on quantity. I'm sure some people can eat a reasonable amount of fast food and lose weight. It's still all about calories.

That's tough. 2 cheeseburger meal with medium fries and diet coke is right at 980 calories. And it's not all that much quantity. Sure I can make it fit but I have to something else with the rest of the day to make that fit.

TDEE 3600 - 980 is nothing :)

• Rebeccabecca1985
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Its a given that McDonalds is garbage for our bodies,
    Cheers

Actually, no it's not.

So are you saying its healthy?
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I just never heard anyone say that- I wasn't sure if that's what you meant. I know that probably wouldn't work for me...but I guess it might depend on what you are eating there.

It probably depends more on quantity. I'm sure some people can eat a reasonable amount of fast food and lose weight. It's still all about calories.

That's tough. 2 cheeseburger meal with medium fries and diet coke is right at 980 calories. And it's not all that much quantity. Sure I can make it fit but I have to something else with the rest of the day to make that fit.

TDEE 3600 - 980 is nothing :)

Speak for your self punk :) That's 1/2 of what I'm allowed.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I think if you slowly incorporate home-made food into your diet you'll lose your taste for fast food. I love to cook and I do it well. Fast food tastes like plastic grease to me.
  • Rebeccabecca1985
    Options
    Wow, why so many calories in one day?
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Its a given that McDonalds is garbage for our bodies,
    Cheers

Actually, no it's not.

So are you saying its healthy?

I'm saying it's as healthy as anything else. You can't judge a diet by one item. You can only judge it as a whole and yes, if you can fit McDonalds into your calorie/macro counts, then it is absolutely healthy, yes.

• Hornsby
    Options
    Because that is how many calories I have to take in to not lose weight.
  • Rebeccabecca1985
    Options
    Hornsby... You pic makes me want to go out and grab a beer. Thanks!
  • JeffseekingV
    Options

If he's active, then it's not unusal to be able get to eat that much. ie... avid runner, biker, boxer etc.... one session can burn 1,000 calories. His age, weight etc. are also factors
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Just eat fewer calories than you expend during a day. It would be fairly easy to lose weight on fast food.

It's just not very good food.
  • Rebeccabecca1985
    Options
    Perhaps I should take up boxing! I'll take 1,000 cals burns...sounds like a good deal!!
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Perhaps I should take up boxing! I'll take 1,000 cals burns...sounds like a good deal!!

Actually, cycling :)

• Rebeccabecca1985
    Options
    Ahhh my bum hurts just thinking about that tiny cycle seat. Ouch
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Once I read "Supersize Me", I can't and won't eat fast food. How it even qualifies as food is beyond me. Don't get me wrong, I love a good burger and some fries, but I look for or make healthier and tastier options. (My 11 year old read only the first chapter or two and hasn't eaten fast food since.)
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

Just eat fewer calories than you expend during a day. It would be fairly easy to lose weight on fast food.

It's just not very good food.

Agreed...and because it's mostly hyper-processed crap it doesn't fill you up for very long. You're better off getting your calories from whole sources of protein, fiber, carbs, and fat. You'll be more satisfied and less likely to go over your deficit.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Ahhh my bum hurts just thinking about that tiny cycle seat. Ouch
    Your backend will harden up. In time... lol.

Last winter I was up to 4 hours at a go. Right now, 40 minutes hurts. lol.
  • HildieMe
    HildieMe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Rebeccabecca,

some people made a reference to addiction to McD food. Maybe it's as "simple" as a sensitivity to gluten. Before I was diagnosed almost 20 years ago with it I was obsessed with food, any food... Now I'm the master of my universe. I love to eat and had put on weight at the rate of 2 pounds per year, that's why I had to go on a weightloss plan, but it's not really hard. I can look at a cheesecake or hamburger and say: "I know what it tastes like". And leave it on the plate.

Before you start on your big weight loss goals, try to go for a week - just a week! - without anything with wheat in it. Not just the bun, but the Fries (dusted with it), anything deep fried (breaded), and obviously all baked goods and most packaged meals. Wheat is so cheap they put it in anything and everything. (Soups, too...)

Good luck!
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    Are you attempting to get paid for your you tube video? This is the 3rd time (twice here and once in another thread you made)
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    Your ticker says you need to lose 200 lbs but your OP says you need to lose 100. You've posted that youtube link twice. I'm getting a funny feeling. Not clicking.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Reportses for advertising?

Must we? Will we? Do we reportses the tricksy one, my precious?