Options
2»

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    SGM_Adonis wrote: »
    Yurippe wrote: »
    Give Thanksgiving an ethnic twist. Fry cauliflower wrapped in kale for mushy taquitos, or a kale cauliflower mash hidden inside a wonton wrapper for a disappointing surprise.

Wait, how is taquitos ethnic?

¿what if she called them flautas?
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Give Thanksgiving an ethnic twist. Fry cauliflower wrapped in kale for mushy taquitos, or a kale cauliflower mash hidden inside a wonton wrapper for a disappointing surprise.

Ethnic foods are foods that originate from a specific heritage and culture. It's a Mexican food dish. I'm confused why you're confused.

• SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    So in that case all food is ethnic food. So that would be a redundant statement would it not? I'm confused that you're confused about me being confused.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »

¿what if she called them flautas?

It depends...is it a Mexican flauta or some other Hispanic flauta?

• ElusivePete
    ElusivePete Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I tried cooking with kale for the first time tonight. I made a risotto with chicken, bacon, finely chopped broccoli, and shredded curly kale. I'm not a big fan of it to be honest, but it's something I'll probably use occasionally to add some more greenery into a meal. Might try it in a vegetable soup sometime.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    So in that case all food is ethnic food. So that would be a redundant statement would it not? I'm confused that you're confused about me being confused.
    Sure. I'm confused why your confused that I'm confused about a debate of a term I didn't invent.

If I were going to add something to the dictionary it would be "googie" which I use to describe those disgusting chewy hard bits found in spongy processed chicken (e.g., nuggets, patties). For the sake of this thread we could use googie to describe the unblended bits of cauliflower in faux mashed potatoes.

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    kale chips covered in dill pickle popcorn seasoning is pretty nice

mm
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    JTick wrote: »
    Here is my tried and true kale recipe...the only way to enjoy it!

1. Take kale out of produce bag.
    2. Don't bother washing it. Unless you eat clean. Then you might want to wash it.
    3. Have trash can sitting out for next step.
    4. Throw kale in trash.
    5. Enjoy other food instead.

My preferred recipe. And i cant believe you got flagged...