Starting a new journey

Options
Melissaol
Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
I'm in my 40's. Have kids that are older. I would like to lose 20lbs. Need some help getting started? Any ideas?

Replies

• Melissaol
    Options
    Hi
  • ErickaK26
    ErickaK26 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do you have a type of exercise you prefer? The gym? Walking around you neighborhood? Fitness DVDs? You should also re-evaluate your diet and see what you can do to reach your calorie goal with mostly nutrient dense foods!
  • Melissaol
    Options
    I'm going to get back into the gym and go frombthere
  • Melissaol
    Options
    I got a vivo fit band for Christmas. Walking 10,000 steps. I'm going to start tonight with 30 minutes on the elpitacal. And some free weights
  • Melissaol
    Options
    Do I eat my calories I burn during my workout?
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I aim for 10,000 steps a day with my FitBit for my main form of exercise... you'd be surprised at how many steps you're probably taking minding all those kidlets ;-) I've seen a lot of people say they only eat back half of their exercise calories to be on the safe side. Add me if you'd like for support... I log on daily :-)
  • Melissaol
    Options
    It felt so good to get back into the gym again. It was great.
  • rondaleclair935
    rondaleclair935 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Melissaol wrote: »
    I'm in my 40's. Have kids that are older. I would like to lose 20lbs. Need some help getting started? Any ideas?

Hi there. New to this Im starting low carb or Keto. Seems to be lots to eat. Just need to get motivated to exercise. In my late 40's with older kids as well
  • Melissaol
    Options
    You can add me as a friend and we can help each other.