Disappointed with slow weightloss.

Options
13»

Replies

• Allisonfitness99
    Allisonfitness99 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Stay away from homemade entries - you don't know what the person that created that recipe used.
    These are my own that I add.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    make sure you don't forget to log everything you eat and even condiments. Everything you drink also....may have extra calories there also....keep on working....i'm sure you will get where you want to be....you seem to have a good head on your shoulders.....good luck!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Thanks for opening your diary, I don't think you are logging accurately it definitely looks like you are eating more than you log.

Stay away from homemade entries - you don't know what the person that created that recipe used.

Stay away from generic entries

Weigh out your portions

Be consistent

Read these:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10012907/logging-accuracy-consistency-and-youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

This^^^^

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP - I think your problem is the following..
    -
    1. not logging consistently
    2. not using a food scale consistently ..

based on those two things you are probably eating more than 1400 calories, which I agree is probably too low anyway..

I would suggest for the next two weeks that you use your food scale and weigh out all portions, and that you log everything that you eat and see how much per day you are actually consuming...

also, where did you get 1400 calories a day from? Are you doing TDEE method or MFP method???

• Allisonfitness99
    Options
    My doctor actually told me that for my BMI I should be eating 1600, but for for maximum weight loss I should probably go to 1500-1400. So that's what I did. And I agree I'm gonna break out my scale!
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Like everybody else said, make sure you are logging everything you eat. There's no way for you to know what you're consuming without logging it. I looked in your diary and thought either she's holding onto weight because she's barely eating OR she's really just not taking the time to log. Anyway, I hope everyone's advice is helpful and that you find more success. Good luck!
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    It took me 4 months to lose 10lb, and then 3 months to gain 8 back. So I feel ya on how frustrating it can be. I know exactly why I gained back: I stopped logging and stopped exercising. And I've been consuming unholy amounts of sugar on a daily basis. My lack of being able to fit in half my work skirts has motivated me to quit being lazy and start paying attention again.
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Asherah29 wrote: »
    Slow weight loss is better than no weight loss right? You could stop what your doing, give up and go back to old habits but then you'd be right back in the same boat that made you want to start bailing in the first place. You're working hard and progressing, more slowly than you wanted, but progress is progress after all.
    Very true! This time I truly do not want to stop! I will open my diary.. I don't track every single day on here but my fitness journal at home.

:) Just focus on the positive instead of the negatives. Its frustrating for sure (I know I haven't lost a pound in probably six months) but its the not giving up that matters!

• CherylynBen
    CherylynBen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I saw your starting weight and your current weight and see pics. That's progress!! Celebrate what you've done (I need to remind myself this as well). I'm no where near what you've lost, but go girl! Amazing!
  • mciforelli
    Options
    I am no expert but try increasing your protein and fiber intake.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    My doctor actually told me that for my BMI I should be eating 1600, but for for maximum weight loss I should probably go to 1500-1400. So that's what I did. And I agree I'm gonna break out my scale!

Good idea with the scale!
    Did you tell your doctor about your exercise habits? Also, sometimes, hormonally, it's good to find maintenance before continuing on your rather impressive journey. Congrats btw, you're an inspiration and you are doing great! I'm of the mind that as long as I'm not gaining weight, I'm still winning ;)
  • Allisonfitness99
    Options
    JosieRawr wrote: »
    Good idea with the scale!
    Did you tell your doctor about your exercise habits? Also, sometimes, hormonally, it's good to find maintenance before continuing on your rather impressive journey. Congrats btw, you're an inspiration and you are doing great! I'm of the mind that as long as I'm not gaining weight, I'm still winning ;)
    thank you I appreciate that