Thanksgiving Cheat Sheet

Options
13»

Replies

• Jessalynn54
    Jessalynn54 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    nice compilation, neat to see all the different things in a list that I don't particularly eat throughout the year.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Listen- one day of eating whatever you want w/ reckless abandon isn't going to help nor hurt you any. Enjoy the day, my friends.
  • S_Murphree
    Options
    I thinks it's pretty cool. Thanks for posting.
  • ReignOerMe
    ReignOerMe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is really useful as a comparison tool. I think there are many people that really appreciate you posting this despite all of the people who are telling you different. I know a lot of us expect to be a little more relaxed with calorie restrictions on holidays, but a little guidance helps those who feel anxious about going overboard.
  • suzannemcarter
    suzannemcarter Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This was great, thanks OP! I am actually pleasantly surprised by the calories in many of these foods. Would have thought mashed potatoes were a lot more. But cannot believe it about the cranberry sauce. Usually I opt for that in mass quantities! :)
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    fauxfox66 wrote: »
    Oh, I think I'm seeing why this might seem neurotic- I'm not actually going to carry around a scale or a cup measure! I'm just going to eyeball stuff, I'm not going to have a calculator out, I'm not THAT neurotic. I just want to know what's on my plate so I can sort of balance stuff out- if I want a piece of pecan pie, I'll skip out on the cranberry sauce or only have a teeny bit, or if I eat a lot of carrots instead of stuffing then I've earned two lemon squares instead of just one.

I'm definitely not going to be actually using a cup measure or scale when I'm loading up my plate. I'm definitely not going to eat like a bird on thanksgiving. I'm just going to be aware of what I'm putting in my body.

Ahhh, so you actually have no idea how much of everything you'll be eating. Got it.

First people jump on this because it seems to be going overboard for just one holiday, and now it gets jumped on because she isn't going to go overboard. I guess one just can't win.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    This was great, thanks OP! I am actually pleasantly surprised by the calories in many of these foods. Would have thought mashed potatoes were a lot more. But cannot believe it about the cranberry sauce. Usually I opt for that in mass quantities! :)

LOL assuming that everyone makes their mashed potatoes the same way, which I highly doubt….
  • tectactoe
    tectactoe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving + bulking season = I CANNOT FUGGEN WAIT
  • jbrixe00
    jbrixe00 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    fauxfox66 wrote: »
    Holy goose guys does anyone appreciate this at all or should I remove it?! Thought I was being helpful....

I appreciate it!! Even though I'm not too worried about going over for the day I WILL be logging everything because well... I can't not log it.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I think it's nice to see what's a good route to pick generically- Like I know I"m going in mostly for meat- and veggies- and potatoes and pie- and wine.
    - lots of wine.
    - and lots of pie.

But meat and veggies are my go to.

I think sweating how much of this or that is just too much.

Honestly most people agonize over the days from Nov 25- January 1st... and they really should be more concerned with what happens between January 2nd and November 24th.

Wrong. January 5 to Nov 24 (My bday is Jan 4 ;) )

Mine too! I am going to demand prime rib! lol